House of Trouble

Fabian's POV

I then watch in fear as Nicholas disappears through the floor just like Nina, I couldn't believe what had just happened, Victor sucked at this. I suppose at least Nina wasn't alone now.

Vera"What was that?, I tell you, I heard something."

Victor"Yes, the sound of a boy falling to an uncertain fate, Harming the students was never part of the plan."

Vera"Well, you can't make an omelet without breaking a few..."

Victor"Release them."

Vera"No."

Victor"Rutter, Williamson, Millington, Lewis, turn around,"

We all turn around and my heart is beating incredibly fast and I was also thinking about Nina, why couldn't it have been me.

Victor"Say the release words."

Vera"Victor, the—"

Victor"Say them!"

Vera sighs and reluctantly pulls the paper we saw Rufus give her out of her pocket. She says a phrase in Egyptian which Anubis translates for me, turning around and leaving just after through the tunnel. Victor follows her out.

Once we're sure both of them are gone, we all turn back to the spot where Nicholas disappeared.

Patricia"Nicholas!, We lost him."

Alfie"He must be with Nina, he has to be"

Joy then jumps out from behind the big chair.

Joy"Victor's a brilliant senet player, is he?"

Fabian"All right, I got it wrong,"

Joy"Big time. For a minute back there, I thought they'd actually taken control of you."

Amber "Guys! Nicholas. Come on, we have to find out if he's with Nina."

Joy"Come back the way you came."

I pick the lock on the school door and we now run down the very empty corridor to Mr Sweet's office when I have picked the lock on that too, he pulls open the door and then kneels down to pick the grate off. Amber was holding two Apple Juice cartons and some chocolate.

Fabian" Nina, it's Fabian, can you hear us?"

Nina"Yes, yes, I can hear you."

Patricia"Is Nicholas with you?"

Nina"Yeah, he's here, A little shaken up, but he's good."

Patricia"Nina, we got your favourite snacks, they are on their way down"

I toss down the supplies Patricia got from the vending machine.

Fabian" Um, tell Nicholas I'm sorry. It was a stupid idea."

Nicholas "Hey, it could have worked. We had to try."

Patricia"Yeah, don't beat yourself up over it,"

Fabian"Look, um, we're gonna get you both out of there really soon, all right? It's going to be okay"

Charlie's POV

Jerome and I were sat in the back of Rufus's van, our hands had been tied together and our mouth taped. When the van stops, he opens the door and I lean into Jerome, fear in my eyes. He pulls us both out by our collars and shoves us on the floor of the barn. I land on my side and it really hurts. We both shift up against the wall in fear, I try to hide in Jerome but Rufus grabs me. I try and scream but obviously can't. He pulls the tape off us both.

Jerome" Leave her alone"

Rufus pulls on my hair and pulls my neck back.

Rufus" It's been so long since I have seen you, Charlie, you remember me don't you"

He strokes my face making me whimper. He then thrust me on the floor again and I hit it with a thud. He pulls his phone out and dials a number.

Rufus"I came to see you tonight, Vera.Tell me you were out securing the mask of Anubis for me"