House of Whispers

Nina POV

We watch from behind the curtain as Vera leaves as do Jerome and Charlie. We emerge from the curtain.

Fabian" What were they doing here?"

Nina" Well at least we know they are not working together, come on we better go warn the others"

Charlie's POV

Eddie and I were walking into school that morning ready for classes talking about the gem.

Eddie" So did you and Jerome find anything in Vera's room?"

Charlie" No, nothing, to be fair we didn't have time to look as Vera came up"

Eddie" Where did you go?"

Charlie" Jerome and I hid under the bed"

Eddie gives me a look and I shove him.

Charlie" She was talking about I don't know what it was, she was saying that the stupid kids can do the rest"

Eddie" The rest of what?"

Charlie" I don't know"

We enter the English classroom and not many people are here mostly people who are involved with the school website. I had been so busy with Jerome and all this gem business I had completely forgot about a new editor so it had gone to Joy. I didn't mind too much. Eddie approaches Patricia with a bag of crisps.

Eddie" Do you want one?"

Patricia" No thank I don't know where you have been"

Eddie" What's your problem?"

Patricia" I'm looking at him"

We both sit down and look as Joy is looking very excited for her new role as Editor.

Eddie" Why didn't you try out for the role?"

Charlie" I was but then all this business with this gem and going out with Jerome, I completely forgot about it"

Joy" Listen up, people. It's time for a shakedown.This website is stepping it up a gear. There's a whole world of eyeballs out there, And it's our job to grab them with our hot, punchy stories.And after some regrettable lapses. In journalistic standards, we need a new identity, Starting with the name.

She is obviously excited for this.

Joy"So from now, we call it the jackal"

Mara"- Isn't that a bit tabloid-y?"

Eddie and I exchange glances with each other. Joy digs back at the comment.

Joy" Don't worry, we won't be printing any lies, or conspiracy theories on this website. Not anymore"

She then comes over and stands behind me and Eddie.

Joy"Which reminds me Mara, Mr. Sweet told me that your Vera retraction was going to be your last posting on this website, oh Eddie, Charlie I want you two to write an article on the history of the school. My exhibition bid and footage is an invaluable reference. Check it out"

Charlie" Brilliant, that's just how I want to spend my days"

Joy"Ooh, you need to spool through several hours of excellent raw footage"

Eddie sighs and hands the cd's over his shoulder to Joy.

Eddie" Yeah, I don't spool and I'm sure my sister doesn't either"

Mara" I had an idea for an article.It's a human interest piece on.."

Joy" Oh, thanks, Mara, but this human isn't interested.