19. Help

(3rd Person Pov)

Aya peered down again. Yep, the people were definitely the figures of Flames. They were seemingly discussing something in quiet tones.

"Get off the roof." She whispered, barely audible. "We're trying an approach."

"Now?" Was Vio's worried response, all of her earlier competitiveness gone. "Why?"

"Now is the best time." Aya said simply.

Vio raised an eyebrow at her. "Really."

"Okay fine, I admit, I want to hear what they're saying." Aya sighed, pulling herself over the railing at the side of the roof garden they were standing on. "And why don't we check out this house?"

Vio looked exasperated. "Why on Earth would you want to do any of those things?"

Aya smiled, though it looked a bit forced. "I have my reasons."

"...Right." Vio was getting suspicious.

"Let's go." Aya called quietly to the others, who seemed to be debating whether cactuses were the best plant.

"Great, so we got on the roof and 10 minutes later we're getting off." Kenma sighed --- he hated stuff like this. "Why can't we plan a better route that saves your energy more?"

"Where's the fun in that?" Suna echoed Aya's words from earlier(or was it Vio?). "Was what they were about to say."

"True, RinRin, very true." Aya gripped onto a protruding pipe. "Come on."

"Why are we even doing this anyways?" Kenjiro sighed. "They're our fucking enemies."

"It's for the sake of a few people." Aya whispered, almost to herself, making Vio tilt her head in confusion.

"Don't tell me you have a crush?" She exclaimed. "Finally?"

Aya rolled her eyes at her. "No. Well, not me anyways."

"What are you suggesting...?" Suna looked on guard. And caught. Aya decided to spare him, disappearing over the side of the roof. Moments later, they could hear her quiet footsteps landing on the first floor.

"Guess we're going as well." Vio shrugged, launching herself over the roof and landing in a silent crouch. For Vio, jumping off high places and getting no broken bones was an everyday thing.

"How does she do that?" Kenma murmured, taking the drainpipe like a normal mafia member.

"No idea." Suna shrugged, also getting off the roof, with Kenjiro following close behind.

"What's the plan?" Vio whispered, creeping alongside the walls and melting into the shadows. "And I still don't get the need to break into this house."

"Then don't." There was a different note in Aya's voice. "I might need to go alone anyways."

"Dude, you're really getting me worried." Vio looked concerned. "What the fuck?"

"It's nothing." Aya's posture, tone, and expression was perfect indifference again. "Just bored, you know?"

"I don't know what to make of this." Kenjiro commented quietly behind Vio. "And keep your voices down. Me, Vio, Suna, and Kenma will wait. Just be careful."

"No." Aya sighed, smiling. "Please, we don't need two Koshis."

"Goodbye." He waved a hand, sighing.

Aya walked to the door, keeping her footsteps silent on the marble floor; whoever was in this house was rich. She sighed.

The reason she wanted to check it out was because, and only because, there was a pot of violets on the side of the other plants. No one else had noticed it, but the pot looked too suspicious for the chance to pass up.

She wouldn't have noticed it either, if not for the observational skills gleaned from Koshi.

The thing is, the pot was an elegant dark green. That alone was strange enough --- why have a beautiful pot when the rest of your plants already have an okay place with enough soil?

Second, they were obviously rich. The marble floor and the roof garden proved it. However, a rich household wouldn't do the gardening themselves, and the gardener doesn't have a reason to single out a pot of violets.

Third, Aya had caught a little glimmer in the soil of the pot. It wasn't hard to see it, in the night, and that glimmer had reminded her more than enough of Vio's ring, which she had somehow 'lost' a long time ago.

Either she was overthinking, or the plant was a play on Violet's name, and someone had the nerve to show that she was of great importance to them, on a rooftop, in Ice's territory.

Maybe there were other girls named Violet out there, but Aya had to check.

She watched for security cameras --- there had to be several on a huge property like this, with perfectly trimmed grass and a literal mansion they had just been walking on. Seriously, who owns a mansion nowadays? Probably a police officer.

There, a small silver piece glinting behind a shield of Ivy. Aya sighed. Why the Ivy? That was not as easy to climb as most people thought.

The safest place to get into somewhere is to get as close to the security as possible. Examples would be sneaking in behind the security guard's back, climbing the walls where there are the most security cameras, or just walking in. If you try to get as far away from the security as possible --- rookie mistake.