5

A week later.

"And yes I'm mad because I wanted to move." India frowned, folding her arms across her chest as she sat across from Jayda and Leah.

"Atleast you got this big ass house to yourself now." Kaleah laughed.

"How long will mama be gone?" Jayda asked, eating a bag of hot fries.

"5 months. And she's going to beat your ass for eating her chips." India laughed, and she shrugged.

"Damn, that's the longest you've been here alone. You sure you gone be okay with that?" Leah scrolled on her phone, and India was about to answer before her phone rung.

"Hello?" She answered, walking towards the kitchen.

"You don't know how to answer your fucking phone Milani?" Dave's voice rasped through her AirPods, and her eyes widened.

"How'd you get my number East?" She frowned.

"Don't call me that. Come outside." He said, and then she heard the dial tone, meaning he'd hung up.

She walked out of the kitchen, peeking out the blinds. She frowned seeing an all around tinted truck in the driveway.

"Y'all I be right back." India told her friends, before looking at them, seeing they were asleep, and she shook her head.

"I was gone 30 seconds bro." She mumbled to herself, putting her crocs on and going outside.

The passenger door of the truck opened, and she climbed inside.

"How do you know where I stay?" She frowned at Dave, who stared at her.

"You seen me calling your shit, why didn't you answer?" He mugged.

"I didn't recognize the number." She shrugged.

"I texted you and told you who I was." He said, and she shrugged again.

He crunk his car up, pulling off, making her frown.

"Asani take me back home, I didn't agree to go anywhere with you." She pulled her feet under her.

"I didn't ask you to go anywhere with me. Shut up and sit back." He told her.

"Don't talk to me like that. I don't like that." She mumbled, and he didn't say anything, keeping the mug on his face.

"You hungry?" He glanced over at her, and she smiled.

"Mhm." She scrolled on her phone, and he pulled in chic fil a.

He parked the car, taking her phone out of her hand.

"Give me my phone." She frowned.

He scooted his seat back, pulling her in his lap.

"Where the fuck are your clothes?" He bit his lip at her nipples that poked through the cropped muscle shirt she wore.

"I didn't think to put clothes on, I didn't even know you were at my house." She folded her arms over her chest.

"When I call your phone, I want you to answer it. Understand?" He rubbed her waist, and she nodded.

"Use your words." He told her, pulling her arms down.

"Okay." She mumbled, a smile on her face.

"Are we going to get my food?" She asked, rubbing his beard.

"I ordered before I came, they gone bring it out. What happened to you moving?" He tilted his head to the side.

"They told me I was on the waiting list, and they'd get back to me within a month or two. I don't feel like waiting on them, so I just cancelled it. I'll look somewhere else." She shrugged.