22

A week later.

"Why Smurk?" India mumbled, sweeping her room that she was finally moving out of

"Cause I ain't what you want Indie, and I'm not finna let you play with me like you been doing." He chuckled.

"Derrick we've only known each other a month. Why you acting like I just been leading you on? All we do is fuck." She frowned, catching her AirPod from falling out of her ear.

"Cause I'm catching feelings for you girl." He replied, and she frowned, sitting on her bed.

"So then why are you doing this? Did I do something?" She asked, and he chuckled.

"Nah baby you perfect. You did everything right, that's why I fuck with you. But the way you talk about yo niece daddy, I know that's who you want. Ion wanna keep you from your happiness. Ian going nowhere though, whenever I have shows Ima still bring you out. I'll still take you out and shit India, don't trip baby." He told her, and she sighed.

"I don't want him." She mumbled.

"Yeah you do. I'm still yo best friend though baby I ain't going nowhere." He said, and she smiled.

"I'm sorry boo." She shook her head, rubbing her temples.

"You ain't did nothing wrong. But I gotta go wrap this song up, call me later ight?" He replied, and she heard shuffling.

"Okay baby. Bye Smurk." She rubbed her eye, hanging up.

She stood up, looking around at her room that only had her bed and dressers, and she sighed.

She knew moving into her own place was something that she'd been wanting, but she was scared.

Her phone rang, and she answered it, smiling at the contact.

"Hi mommy! How are you?" India cheerfully answered, happy to hear from Asia.

"Hey my sweet girl. I'm good, taking it day by day. I finally hit the damn target in archery chile." Asia chuckled, and India laughed.

"That's good mama. Will you still be home in a month?" She asked.

"Yes. I can't wait to see you baby, I miss you so much." Asia replied, making India smile wider.

"I miss you even more mama. I finally got all my clothes out, I'll be at my new house in a few minutes." India mumbled.

"That's good baby, don't be sighing and shit. This is good for you okay? It's time for you to become your own person baby. I am so proud of you." Asia told her, and she sniffed, fanning her eyes.

"I'm scared mommy." She tried not to cry, shaking her head.

"And that's okay. This is new for you, but it's a good thing. Don't be sad baby. You know you can come back home whenever you'd like." Asia softly spoke, making India smile.