Screams

Sanji was about to walk into the room where Zoro was sleeping peacefully next to the infirmary bed, when he heard a horrible scream. The terrible noise woke up the swordsman. Without loosing a second he rushed toward the door. Before Sanji's spirit could do something Zoro was already running toward the direction of the noise. The cook was still sitting in the corridor when he heard a second scream and could bearly recognize Nami's voice. Sacred, he ran in the girls dorm, only to see that  Nami was trembling in Luffy's hands, while Zoro and Robin were looking at Nami's bed.

   The white sheets of the bed were covered with blood, and a sword was stabbed in the middle of the pillow. But...

   "ZORO, THROW THIS THING AWAY!" Luffy commanded. Not loosing a second, the swordsman grabbed the sword and rushed outside throwing it away. When the sword fall in the sea, Zoro looked at his hand and saw that it was covered in blood. The boy started to tremble while the visions which he was trying to avoid showed in his head.

   The bloody sword, the bloody place, his bloody hands. And Sanji, laying in a blood lake. Everything was red. Oh God, he hated that color! He felt a gross feeling in his throat and turn his head trough the handrail. After a couple of minutes his breathing normalized. He fell on his knees trying to calm down. That's when he heard something. A whisper calling his name.

   "Zoro... Zoro you-..." That was strange, this raspy voice seemed so familiar to Zoro, but he couldn't figure out from where. He just  couldn't... He was just sitting there, with tears streaming down his face. "Zoro, plea-... -ing here... " The voice was screaming. He lift his head and look around. Although he was doing this every time since the first time he heard this voice calling him, Zoro couldn't see this person who was calling him.

   "Zoro, What's going on? Are you ok?" It was Luffy. The boy walked next to him.

   "No... No I'm not ok... " Zoro wiped his tears. "There is something wrong with me" Luffy looked confused.

   "What do you mean?" The captain asked.

   "I-I mean" He started "that... I've killed so many people, a-and... I have ripped them apart, and the blood was... h-how should I put it, like a part of my life." Luffy made a grimace. Zoro had never talk about his life as Pirate Hunter, or about how he had killed his victims. The swordsman looked at his friend. "Luffy there was time when I enjoyed this life, this murders, this blood... But now, when I see blood, I feel disgust, I ..." Zoro turn his head to the horizon. "I'm scared."

   "Zoro..." The raspy voice whispered in his ear.

   "I hear voices Luffy." The swordsman's words made the straight captain look at his friend with surprise and fear in his eyes. "Someone is calling my name. You know that I have no sense of direction, hmm?"

   "Yeah, you can get lost even in a straight alley." Luffy said and the two of them laughed. The boy felt happy that Zoro had finally smiled. But that didn't last long.

   "That day, when I bring Sanji to the ship, didn't you asked yourself how I maneged to find the way back?" His words left Luffy in surprise.

   "To tell you the truth, after all this, I didn't even pay attention to this fact." the captain said.

   "Someone was guiding me, telling me where to go... But I can't recognise this voice. It's raspy, but I can tell that is man's voice." Luffy couldn't find a response to this. He had to think.

   "What if— " but he was interrupted, because something sharp flew above him and stabbed on the floor before them.

   "Shit, no, no, no..." Zoro said. Before them was the sword that the swordsman had throw in the sea just minutes ago, the sword that had turn everything upside-down.