12- ;)

I opened the doors carefully. The room was comfortably dusty and silent. I walked in and peeked behind the equipment. There he was, as usual, sleeping like a baby in his little dirty corner. It was so much easier to look at him than to speak to him. If only we could just exchange looks and he'd understand how I feel. If I could just look him deep in his eyes and he'd know I'm sorry for everything. But that wasn't possible, not yet at least.

I slid down and sat on the floor. I started playing with the dead skin around my fingernails to distract myself. My heartbeat increased just thinking of the moment I'd have to face him, awake that is. If time machines existed I would definitely steal one so I could go back and change how I treated him.

The stupid thing was ... I liked him. I had realised recently just how much I liked that dorky boy. At first I thought he was just attractive. I mean, who wouldn't with his piercing blue eyes and messy dirty blonde hair. Not only that, but he was tall and thin, basically just very hot. What surprised me was that I enjoyed his personality too. He was so stupid and goofy but it was so nice to be around someone so simple. He didn't pretend to be someone he wasn't, he just enjoyed the simple things in life. I didn't know if it was selfish or not but I needed someone like that in my life. His company relaxed me and I'd like to think I was a better person with him... Or at least I tried being, and that's already a big step coming from me.

I couldn't bare to lose the little friendship we had. Not when Clyde had just dropped that bombshell to completely ruin my self-esteem.

My finger started bleeding after I took out a big skin. I panicked and grabbed a tissue to put around it.

"Fuck" I whispered as I tried to ignore the burning sensation.

"Are you okay?" Kenny asked from behind. I looked up to see him staring at me.

"Y-yeah, thanks." I looked down embarrassed. "How long have you been there?"

"A lil bit." He smiled and then joined me on the floor.

"Look, Kenny-"

"It's fine. Forget about it" He interrupted me with a calm tone.

I stayed silent for a bit. It didn't feel right to just forget about it...

"But-" I stuttered trying to find the right words. "Really, I'm sorry. I went too far like usual and I said things I shouldn't have. I always ruin everything I'm sorry..."

Kenny looked at me with a kind expression. He chuckled and shook his head at me. He reached out his hand and ruffled my hair.

"Thanks. I also said some nasty stuff. We're over it, right?" He smiled to me.

I couldn't resist it, I just smiled back.

"Yeah"

He ruffled my hair again and went back to his lazy position.

"And you don't ruin everything." He said quietly. I looked at him but he just looked to the ceiling in silence. I moved my gaze to floor, leaving the silence fill the room again. Hearing him say those words was sort of endearing, it made me really happy. I couldn't help but smile a bit.

"Changing topics" He said suddenly. "What time should I arrive Friday?"

I opened my eyes shocked. I turned my whole body towards him.

"FRIDAY AS IN THE HALLOWEEN BALL?!"

He laughed at my reaction. "Of course, what else would it be?"

"YOU'RE COMING! YES!!" I danced in my place with happiness. He just laughed loudly while shaking his head.

"You're adorable" he said. I froze in my place with my face growing red. "It's just a school party"

"I know..." I calmed down and leaned back. "but in this one we can dress up!"

"About that ..." He rolled his eyes showing his yellow smile.

"You are dressing up, no way around it" I gave him a death stare. He just rubbed the back of his head smiling nervously.

"I'll try but I can't promise anything"

"Anyways" I took out my phone and opened the notes app. I already had a note with all the information ball-related, including the time Tweek would pick me up at my house. "We should meet up at around 6 maybe"

"That's too early... I have to work" Kenny said disappointed.

"Can't you skip one day? They should give you, like, a holiday break, right?"

"I'll try to leave earlier. At 8 I'll be here"

"8?!" I asked sadly. "School closes at 9, we'll only have an hour to hang out!"

"Sorry... That's the best I can do" he gave me an equally sad answer. I could see that he genuinely couldn't do anything about it. I sighed, giving up on the idea of spending the night with him.

I wrote in my notes:

"8pm: Kenny arrives"

He noticed and pointed at my phone.

"You don't have my number, do you?"

"I don't actually. Weird. We've been hanging out for so long and we still haven't gave each other our numbers."

"Here, give it to me" he opened his hand. I went to my contact list and clicked on add new contact. I handed him my phone. He took out his phone, an old version of iPhone with the screen all cracked and a few notes stuck in between the phone and the transparent cover. After typing his number in, he gave me back my phone.

"Thanks. This is gonna make things much easier"

He smiled with a devilish look. I didn't understand why but decided to ignore it. He did a lot of things I didn't understand and sometimes it was better to just let him do them.

The bell rang soon after.

He got up and offered his hand to help me up. I held it and he pushed me up with his incredible strength. After doing it so many times, it still surprised me.

He waved goodbye and left. I picked up my backpack and followed after him.

Later that day, when I was at home, I received a notification. I looked in the screen.

"1 new message from Sleeping Beauty"

I opened it confused.

"Wassup! It's Kenny. A.k.a. sleeping beauty from the gym's storage room ahah. I'll see ya tomorrow at lunch. Bye :)"

I stared at the little smiley face for way too long. It was like I could see his face instead. I reread the message hundred on times, imagining him typing it to me.

I was tempted to leave the name as it was but to avoid confusion I changed it to "Sleepy Kenny".

I laid in my bed staring at the screen. I could feel my stomach turn around itself and my cheeks warm up. His message was so cute... It was so normal and basic. But it was so him. I thought of what to say. I didn't wanna say bye just yet, I wanted to talk to him all night. Every time I began to type, I immediately deleted it, unsure of how it would sound. Finally, I clicked the send button.

"Hi, I just noticed the name you gave yourself, very funny! I should have known you were princess from the beginning. Goodnight"

I waited impatiently for a reply, anxious I had said the wrong thing.

"Princess Kenny. I like it. Goodnight then, Prince Y/n ;)"

I buried my head in my pillows and screamed like a teen girl at a boy band concert. My heart couldn't take whatever he was doing. I stared at the message for as long as I could, before my eyes got so tired I couldn't keep them open.