22- we grounded

"Mom-"

"YOU LITTLE- I CAN'T BELIEVE YOU SLEPT AWAY KNOWING YOU HAD SCHOOL THE NEXT DAY! AND YOU DIDN'T EVEN TELL US! I WANT YOU HOME RIGHT THIS SECOND!"

I let my body fall to the ground and just sat on floor with my head down.

"Yes mom"

I took the phone out my ear. Her screams were so loud even Kenny could hear them. He sat next to me and put his arm around my shoulders.

"Yes mom, I know" I kept answering to her million insults. "Right away, yes"

"I'll be waiting for you at home! Don't you even think of being late!"

The phone stopped as she hung up. I sighed deeply into my hands. I couldn't help but let out a few tears.

The worst I had ever done before was forget to do my homework and for that they had me grounded for a week. I could only imagine what they would do for this. I wished, just for that moment, to freeze time so I could mentally prepare for the verbal abuse I'd get at home. Even then, I wouldn't go back on the night I had with Kenny.

"Hey, you okay?" Kenny's subtle voice asked. I sniffed and he replied to his own question. "Of course not, what am I saying... I'm sorry Y/n"

"It's not your fault" I stared at the floor, too tired to be angry. "It's my fucking parents..."

He didn't know what to say. I couldn't blame him, it was a tough situation. I rested my head on his shoulder.

"Well, it was nice knowing you" I joked.

"Don't say that" He replied sad pushing me towards him and giving me a side hug. I was too focused on my parents to even appreciate the moment.

Karen's voice could be heard from outside.

"WE HAVE TO GO OR WE'RE GONNA BE LATE!!"

I got up and Kenny followed slowly. I has heading to his door when he grabbed my hand.

"Y/n, we can stay longer if you want. Fuck school, you know?" He gave me a warm smile.

"No, you still have classes and I have to be at home before 10, that's when my mom goes to work."

"Then I could walk you home! You don't need to go alone" He squeezed my hand, afraid of letting go. I shook my head.

"You'll miss the first classes. Forget it"

"Who cares about that?!"

I shrugged my shoulders. "I don't know. Do whatever you want" I opened the door and left. He took a while but then sprinted after me.

"Y/n, let me take you home, please" I looked him up and down. He was still wearing his tuxedo and his face was all dirty. I didn't even need to say anything, as soon as his mom showed up she took control of the situation.

"Kenny! Go get dressed, you'll be late for school!" She looked at me concerned. "Oh, you're also- Kenny can lend you some clothes"

"Don't worry, I'm going home and I'll change there, but thank you" I offered a small smile and walked past her. Kenny shifted in his place, thinking of what to do.

"B-but I have to take him home" He looked at home mom with a sad smile.

"But who will take Karen to school then?" She asked in the same tone.

He just looked at me, almost apologizing with his eyes. I raised my hand and waved goodbye with an understanding smile.

"Call me if you need!" He screamed as I closed the front door.

I sighed and started walking home. There was no point in delaying it.

I walked dreadfully through the streets. Each foot dragging through the floor while my hands were buried in my pockets. I occasionally kicked some rocks on the way.

I finally got to my front door. I stood still, frozen, readying myself. I breathed deeply and inserted the keys in the door. Before I could turn them, the door opened. My mom stared at me with an angry face.

"Get in"

I entered the cold house. I looked as the sunlight disappeared when she closed the door. I felt a chill down my spine.

In the dinner table was my dad sitting down with his glasses on. My mom sat down next to him and pointed for me to sit at the chair in front of them. Classic parent's move to put me alone against the two adults that control my life. Not intimating or unfair at all...

"Want to start by explaining where you were last night?"

"I went out with a friend" I avoided the word "party" at all costs.

"Which friend?" My dad shot quickly.

"Twe-"

"Don't even try to say Tweek because we called his mom and all your other friends' moms." My mom interrupted. "They had no idea where you were."

"Do you have any idea how bad you made us look? Calling to other parents ask for our own child? They'll think we don't look after you" My dad scolded me while fixing his glasses.

I contained my urge to reply that they really are bad parents. I just nodded along.

"Who was it, huh? A girlfriend? Is that it?"

"No. It was a boy" I looked up and defended myself before they could attack me about it. "And yes! I like boys! And I don't care if you don't accept me because-"

"We don't care if you're gay or not" My dad cut me off. "We do care that you slept somewhere else on a school night."

I looked down, keeping the words to myself.

"What do you have to say for yourself?"

I didn't talk.

"ANSWER! WHAT THE HELL WERE YOU THINKING?!" My mom got up and smashed her hands in the table. "IF I'M CORRECT, YOU STILL LIVE HERE! UNDER OUR ROOF! FOLLOWING OUR RULES! YOU UNGRATEFUL CHILD-"

"Calm down" My dad put his hand on my mom's and spoke calmly. He looked at me with a cold stare. "You are grounded."

I sighed. It was fair, I just hoped it wouldn't be anything too bad like cutting my arm off or giving me up for adoption. Though, having no parents sounded good.

"After school you'll have tutoring and on weekends you stay right here. We're also taking your phone." He extended his hand waiting for me to give it to him.

I got up revolted.

"Wait, I need my phone! What if something happens and I need to call you or the police?!"

"It won't because you'll always be either at school or at home. Now go get ready, you're not skipping the afternoon classes."

I rolled my eyes and headed upstairs. My dad stopped me and stood out his hand again.

"But-"

"Now!"

I took my phone out of my pocket. There was a notification from Kenny.

"Sorry about today, I'll make it up to you, I promise!!"

I was going to reply but my dad snatched the phone from my hands. Then, he turned to my mom and they continued insulting me under their breaths. I went upstairs.