3- Short-tempered

Lunch break came and I left class following Tweek. He met up with his friends and sat at the usual table. I took out my phone while eating to pass the time. When I finished, I immediately thought of going back to that place...

The previous day I met this random dude who was sleeping in an abandoned storage room... I knew that he'd be there again because he said he always went there... So would it be weird If I went too?

Fuck it, right? The school belongs to everyone.

I left the cafeteria soon after. When I got to the room's door, I paused for a second, wondering if I should knock. I even raised my fist for a bit, but then put it down and just opened the door quietly. If Kenny, or whatever his name was, was sleeping in there, I wouldn't want to wake him up.

I entered the room and looked around. The dim light welcomed me and pointed at the nice corner I sat at before, tempting me to do it again. I hesitantly walked inside and peeped behind the big jumping equipment. The moment I saw a bit of blonde hair I turned around on instinct.

"He's there..."

I turned around again, now ready to look at the boy entirely.

"Of course he's here..."

I went closer and closer until his face started showing up behind the big object. It was dark where he was but I was still able to see him. He was on top of 3 yoga mats and using his backpack as a pillow. His hair fell on top of his face while his arms rested on top of his belly. He was still wearing his characteristic orange parka, a bit weird he was sleeping with it on, but who am I to judge.

Strangely, I felt at ease. His resting expression actually looked kinda nice. I watched closely and analysed his face, his every freckle, his scratches. At some point it hit me.

I'm watching a dude sleep....

I sat on the floor curled up in a ball full of shame.

"What the hell am I doing?! That is so creepy! I am so fucking creepy what the hell!!!" I screamed internally while hitting my head with my hands not too hard.

I then heard a rustle.

"Hmmm..." The boy groaned.

I looked back, scared I might had waken him up. After a few seconds of silence I finally let out the breath I was holding. I slapped my face two times to snap out of that creepy stalker mindset and took out my book. I read and read and eventually got lost in time.

"You're here." A voice came from behind me accompanied by a yawn.

"Yup." I said not taking my eyes away from the pages.

"Still reading?"

"Yup."

"Hmmm..." He sat next to me. I could feel his breathing as he bent down to see my book. He was so close I couldn't concentrate so I just ended up closing the book. I looked up to him with a slightly annoyed face.

"Can I help you?"

"I'm fine." He said calmly. "Can I help you?"

"Me?" I was caught off guard. For some dumb reason my brain wanted to just tell this poor dude how full I was of school and everything about it. I controlled my urges and just replied whatever came to mind. "I'm normal. As normal as anyone can be in a shit school like this..."

"You don't like it?" He looked at me with a puzzled expression. It almost offended me how he questioned it. Of course I didn't like it, it's school for fuck's sake.

"No duh. Being in class listening to old assholes complain about our generation and occasionally spitting out some actual information, pretending to be social, having to deal with people in general..."

"Wow... You're really pessimistic."

"I'm not, I'm realistic." I replied sternly.

"Nah. If you were really realistic you'd realise how lucky you are to be here everyday." He said it with such a calm tone that it felt that it was a direct attack.

"Well excuse me, I didn't know I wasn't allowed to feel bad because other people have it worse." I turned around to face him with an angry expression.

"Hey, don't get worked up, I didn't mean it in a mean way." He was talking very calmly but somehow that just pissed me off more. His attitude of know-it-all.

"I didn't come here to be lectured." I got up and picked up my things, ready to leave.

"Don't leave, I was trying to cheer you up..." He kept sitting causally.

"...." I turned around to face him again. He tilted his head a bit like a puppy, I swear I could even see the little sparkles in his eyes.

"Aaahhh c'mon." He tapped on the floor near him while smiling from the corner of his mouth. His attitude made my insides go crazy, I didn't like how he was treating me like a child. My cheeks turned red from embarrassment and I left then and there.

"See ya." I could hear his voice through the door as soon as I left. I rolled my eyes at the sentence and just walked towards class.

"You look angrier than usual... Something happened?" Tweek looked at me while taking his maths notebooks out.

"What do you mean, am I normally angry? Impulsive? Childish even?!"

Tweek shut up and turned around raising his eyebrows a bit.

"Fuck..." I thought.

I exploded on him again. I knew my temper was bad and I really tried to control it but it always got the best of me. I knew Kenny was right, that's what pissed me off. I hated being wrong, for more stupid that it might sound. The back of my mind was screaming at me to immediately apologize to both Tweek and Kenny but my pride had just been activated.

But what could I do? That's just how I was. I was proud and arrogant. Extremely pessimistic and judgemental... Rude... Ugly and anti social... I could go on really. If someone asked me to say one good thing about me I would find it hard honestly. Maybe I was honest? But I think that was the nice way of saying I was mean. I found it incredible how such a shit person like me had so much pride. So much stupid pride in my stupid knowledge.

I was a lost cause...

A stupid worthless lost cause...

Fuck.