19- slow dance with you

The petite girl walked in with a witch dress and a pointy hat. She entered the backyard with her heavy black boots waving her plastic wand around followed by two other children. A tall boy with a similar pointy hat and a large cape that brushed the dirty floor and behind him a child that I honestly could not tell the gender of, wearing cat ears and tail. The group jumped their way to us and formed a semi circle around.

"Kenny look! I'm a witch, Ike's a warlock and Firkle is our cat" The girl who I guessed was Karen held their hands. Ike smiled brightly and waved with his free hand and Firkle blushed, hiding their face with their jet black hair.

Kenny bent down to face his little sister. "You're so cute" He kissed her forehead and got up again. He looked at me and then to the quiet kids that stared at us expectingly.

"This is Y/n. Y/n, this is my sister Karen and her friends from school, Ike and Firkle" I waved hello to them and they waved back. Karen grabbed Kenny's sleeve and pulled him to her level. She stretched her body to reach his ear and whispered to his ear something none of us could hear. He got back up and nodded with a slight pink in his cheeks. She smiled and then headed off with her friends to see the table with the snacks.

"What was that about?" I asked curious. He waved his hand around the air as to push away an imaginary speech bubble.

"Don't worry about it. Just Karen being Karen." He walked towards the vintage stereo. I looked around for a bit. There was nothing much I could do so I just followed him.

"Need any help?" I bent down to see him struggling with some chords.

"I'm fine, I just have to- ugh- connect this one-" He moved the wire around while the box screamed some tones randomly. He put his tongue out to help him focus. I chuckled. After rotating it a few times the stereo started playing loud and clear. He suspended his hands in the air, waiting to see if it would stop working but it didn't. He celebrated and then looked at me.

I looked back. He just stood out his hand and raised his eyebrows, not even needing to ask the question. I rolled my eyes, his expression seemed out of a stupid romantic movie. I took his hand and let him lead me to the "dance floor". The upbeat music filled the chilly air. The sun was setting which made the christmas lights more noticeable. We danced, first a bit awkwardly, and then let ourselves loose. It wasn't hard when there were three kids absolutely killing it next to us. They jumped and stomped all over the place, banging their heads up and down. Their freedom while dancing made me and Kenny laugh but follow along.

We were listening to Kenny's old CDs so most of the songs were classics from the 80s and 90s. Some funky here, some hip hop there, it was all good vibes. We danced, laughed and occasionally sang along to the cheesy lyrics. After I don't know how long we took a break to drink some soda.

We got our cups and rested against the wall. He bumped his cup against mine and gently said "cheers". I laughed and took a sip of the nice cold  soda. We stared at the kids who still danced with full energy.

"I don't know how they can do it" I commented amazed. He nodded his head agreeing with me.

"I wish" He drank his soda, fixating his gaze on his little sister with a small smile. I stared at her and then at him. She was having a lot of fun and I could see Kenny was happy for her.

"You're such a good brother. Making a party just for your sister and her friends"

"Hey!" He turned to me. "It wasn't just for them!"

I shut up surprised. He continued with a calmer tone while playing with the corners of his cup.

"I really did want to make it up to you"

Sleeping Dork | Kenny X male reader | South Parkजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें