7- Be my date or else

"What? Why wouldn't you go?" I looked perplex.

"Because I don't want to?" He chuckled confused. "I didn't know you cared so much for this."

"Well, I just thought it would be fun seeing you there ..."

"Sorry to disappoint. But I hope you have fun with your friends." He leaned back with his arms holding his head and looked at the ceiling.

My loud thoughts filled the silent room. He didn't seem to mind though.

"Oh c'mon!" I finally said. "Just come! It will be fun!"

"Fun?" He didn't move his gaze. Instead he gave me a smirk.

"Yeah! Dressing up all stupid, dancing along to cheesy songs, drinking way too much punch..." As I named the activities I realized how not fun they were. But I was desperate to get him to come.

"Aren't you already going with your friends? Why do you want me to go as well?"

"Because! My friends suck. I never have fun with them, they just silently judge me. They're just going with me cause they pity me."

"Oh... Sorry." He sat up straight and looked at me feeling bad. Something in his eyes told me that he knew the feeling way too well.

I noticed that this was catching his attention so I used it to further convince him.

"Yeah... I just thought it would be nice to go with someone that actually listens to me. I know it sounds stupid but..." I looked to him with puppy eyes. "I think we could have fun."

He stopped for a bit to think. I could almost see the steam leaving his ears from so much thinking, it was adorable.

"Ugh, fine." he sighed. "I'll see what I can do."

"Yes!" I hugged him on impulse. When I noticed what I had done, I moved away slowly and embarrassed. "Sorry"

When I gathered the courage to look at him, his expression was new. His eyes were as open as they could get, his eyebrows raised and his cheeks slightly red. He was paralised. After I spoked he looked around as if back to reality and just shook his head.

"I-its fine."

From his reaction, it was almost like he had never been hugged before. That thought scared me.

"Well, I have to go!" I said embarrassed grabbing my stuff. Whatever mess just happened was too much for just one day.

"The bell hasn't rang yet." He traced my movements with his eyes.

"Yeah but I have to get to class early. The teacher asked... Bye!"

"Bye..."

I closed the door behind me and stood still. Without moving an inch, I burried my face in my backpack, my hands clenching it with anxiety.

"What the fuck was THAT!!!!" I screamed silently to my now dusty backpack. I swallowed my shame and ketp walking without looking back. The moment I reached the door of the gym I started running to class.

I ran and finally arrived, sweating and wheezing. I stood in front of the class catching my breath and noticed Tweek and the others already in their sits. I joined them soon after.

"I'm going as male Veronica and he's going as JD" Tweek anounced with a big smile and blushed cheeks. Craig looked to the side embarassed.

"He made me do it... I wasn't even planning on dressing up" He scratched the back of his head. We all knew that part of what he said was a lie but we let him keep his cool act.

"And we're gonna enter the couples costume contest."

"Awww, you're going to be adorable" Token smiled to them. I didn't understand how, all I wanted to do was puke.

"Sorry to disappoint but me and Red are going to win. I'm going as Gomez and she's going as Morticia." He proudly announced while stroking an imaginary mustache.

"I thought you were going with Bebe-" I began to ask but was quickly interrupted by Token.

"Ahah... what about you Y/N?" He looked at me avoiding Clyde's piercing eyes. 

"I was gonna go with Bebe... BUT A CERTAIN SOMEONE STOLE HER FROM ME" Clyde closed his fists and looked angrily as Token as if he had just killed his mother.

"I told you! I didn't steal her from you! Not that she belongs to anyone by the way." Token gave an insulting look to Clyde before continuing. "She asked me to go with her but I said no"

"Exactly! You should be ashamed!" 

"Would you have prefered if I accepted?!" Token asked extremly confused.

"Yeah, that doesn't make much sense, bud" Craig backed him up.

"Whatever, I guess I'm just jealous." Clyde hid his face in his books trying to cover an embarrassed face.

"At least you admit it" Tweek answered, trying to make him feel better. However I sensed that he meant it as an insult to me. He knew I was a very jealous and proud person, was this his way of telling me to change? Not very subtle, specially in front of everyone else. Was he just trying to embarrass me?! I know I'm a piece of work but at least pull me aside and tell me privately!

"Y/n, hello?" Token waved a hand in front of me. I realised that I had spaced out and didn't hear what they were saying.

"What?"

"I asked you what you were going to dress up as"

"Oh... I don't know yet"

'Whatever Kenny wants to' I thought to myself. Then I realised what I had thought. 'That is, if he's even going... and if he even wants to do a couples- NOT COUPLE JUST, A FRIEND COSTUME! Jesus, why did I think that, fucking stupid!'

I wish I had forgotten about it but I didn't. I spent the following days wondering what costume me and Kenny could do together. I started almost daydreaming of it. So many options... And each one led me to imagine us reenacting the character's scenes, but just us. I swear I even had a dream where I was the corpse bride and he was practicing his wedding vows with me. So much for nothing though, because everytime I'd suggest a costume he'd shut me down complaining that they're annoying to get and expensive.

"Yawwwnn" I heard his voice from the back of the room.

"Morning" I didn't look away from my book. I could hear him chuckle quietly. 

He sat next to me wiping away some sleepy tears.

"So, what's your suggestion today?"

___
AN

Guys, Ima be honest. When is started writing this I was in a weird state of mind, therefore I projected myself into the "reader". Writing this makes me go back to that train of thought and sometimes it just makes me lose motivation.

But I want to know if you want me to keep writing it. I already have some important plot points prepared though I pretty much make everything up as I go. Still, this is all on you the reader cause knowing that people enjoy it gives me some motivation.

Thanks for reading so far, I appreciate it.