~one~

"Oh take your time don't live too fast
Troubles will come and they will pass
Go find a woman yeah and you'll find love
And don't forget son there is someone up above"

~Simple Man, Lynyrd Skynyrd

Harry's POV

"Well done, Styles. You've been promoted," Mr. Reynolds informs, sitting from the other side of his mahogany wooden table.

Today afternoon when I was in the gym, boxing. Out of nowhere Clarice, Mr. Reynolds' assistant, called to inform me that I am required in his office ASAP.

I hate when someone interrupts me between my gym sessions or anything. Ever since I started working for Mr. Reynolds, he has taken upon a liking in exactly doing something that pisses me off, viz. interrupting me.

I always hated this guy and his guts.

I didn't even think twice before throwing my gloves in the boxing ring and started heading towards the locker room. I took a quick five minute shower to wash all the sweat and smell off of me.

Shampoo and conditioning my curly hair has always been my favorite part of showering.

After my shower, I quickly got dressed up in my all black attire, black full sleeved button down, black skinny jeans and Chelsea boots and headed up to the office in my Range Rover.

And here I am now sitting across Mr. Reynolds in his office.

Mr. Reynolds is almost in his late 40's but he acts not more than 18. He has been my boss for the longest time I remember. Everyone says he is a really good man.

The thing is, I am allergic to good people.

The moment these words leave his mouth, I am quite satisfied. I am not a greedy man. I am not selfish for money. Why will I be? I get a good income doing the job I love.

But hey, if I am getting a raise then who am I to complain?

I am starting to have second thoughts about hating him. Maybe he is not that bad the way I have always thought he was.

I was going to say 'thank you sir' but he cuts me off and continues, "and you are getting transferred to the headquarters in the USA."

Here vanishes my second thoughts on him.

Back to hating this guy.

"WHAT???! I CAN'T GO. CAN'T YOU JUST GIVE ME PROMOTION HERE SO THAT I DON'T HAVE TO GO ANYWHERE!" I stand up abruptly from my seat and slam both of my hands on his expensive office table due to which a bit of his coffee falls down. But I could care less. All I want to do is shout at him.

"I am afraid I can't do that," he replies calmly, not at all fazed by my uproar.

The first thing I feel is anger, that's the only emotion I can express. I can't leave and go.

"You can't send me against my will!" I yell at him, again, negotiating the offer.

I don't want to go any far away land.

"These are not my orders, Harry, you are required there. These are the orders of Mr. Levine," he sympathises. "I wish I could do something but he is the bigger man here."

"But... " I try to get some way out of this.

"I understand Harry, but now nothing can be done. Your transfer orders are already passed and you are leaving next week," he cuts me off again.