~sixteen~

"When the world gets cold
I'll be your cover
Let's just hold
Onto each other
When it all falls, when it all falls
We'll be two souls in a ghosttown"

~Ghosttown, Madonna

Alena's POV

Deep breathes.

Everyone is okay. Everybody is safe now.

Deep breathes.

He is okay. He has to be okay.

.

.

.

I just can't. I am freaking the hell out.

I was eagerly waiting for Niall, Angana and Harry to complete their mission and report back at headquarters the whole time this morning. I saw Harry today going into the meeting room along with Niall and Angana for the last minute discussions. I saw him and he saw me back from a distance but none of us uttered a single word to each other.

I had an urge to talk with him despite the way he behaves with me, I don't understand what is wrong with me. I don't even have a bit of self ego, it's like I forget what I am when I am around him.

It is so wrong.

We just stared at each other for a minute, an unreadable look on his face then he turned around and went into the meeting room. I don't know why I felt a tad bit of hurt by his behavior, it's not like he would come and talk with me anyways.

When dad informs me that the mission is accomplished and has been held successful, I get so excited to meet them all back even though they were gone for just a few hours. My sister goes on missions majority of time but I still get worried. It's not like I don't have any confidence in her but it's just a big sister feeling.

But something seem wrong in dad's voice. His brows are furrowed and he has a frown on his face. I walk to his side and ask him, "is everyone okay? Dad what's wrong?" He sighs then looks up at me with tired eyes. Then he says it.

"Harry has got some injury."

As soon as these words leave his mouth, I walk out of the door and start running towards the infirmary. I don't even realize when I take the elevator and when I reach in front of the medical wing, but I do. The smell of antibiotic everywhere. I search through a few wards to meet with anyone familiar. Then I meet with Niall and Angana there. They are quiet, looking at the floor.

I stop in front of them and flick eyes between both of them. Guilt written over their faces.

"What happened?" I take a breath from running and ask them. "Are you guys okay? Dad didn't say much. Is he- is he okay?"

Angana stand up from her seat and places her hand on my shoulder. My eeriness has gone up. "He- he got a stab near the jugular vein but it's mostly on his shoulder. He is in for operation," Angana says in a sad tone not very confidently.

I am breathing heavy. I feel a jitter in my whole body. The unsettledness. It feels like my whole body and mind has stopped working. Everything is so confusing now. I feel like the room is rotating and the floor is shaking.

To be honest I am not a big fan of hospitals or in this case infirmary.

He has to be okay.

"He will be okay," Niall says from where he is standing near the walls.

"You don't know that," I snap lightly, rubbing my hands over my eyes. I immediately regret snapping at him unnecessarily. "Sorry, I just-"

Niall sighs and walks towards me. "It is fine. It is sort of our fault for letting him go alone like that."