~two~

Harry's POV

I woke up early the next morning and helped mum with cleaning the house and cooking and baking different things.

Today is Friday so I don't have any official work to do. And if any last minute emergency comes then I will surely get a call from the office.

I have thought of spending a bit more time with mum and Gemma here in my hometown before I move to Seattle.

So that is exactly what I do.

While walking down the stairs after a quick shower, mum hands me a list of groceries to buy from the local market. I insist that I would buy all of them online but she rejects it and says, "you and your generation's modern technologies don't know how to do things in traditional ways. It's not all about buying things, it's also about meeting new people and being social. Which you are absolutely not."

Now how can I possibly argue with that?

"Ouch," I say dramatically, keeping my hand on my chest above my heart.

She gives me an annoyed look. I take the list, my keys and phone and head out for the market.

I go to the local street market. This market has always been here and I used to come here with my mum every Friday to buy groceries when I was a mere kid.

I feel someone standing behind me and after a second, someone taps on my shoulder while stand and buy fruits from a stall. I turn around in reflex and I am immediately met with a red-headed young man standing in front of me, grinning.

"Hey, how can I help you?" I ask him. This man looked very familiar to me but I can't recognize him.

"HEYYY!!!! HARRY MATE." He exclaims and hugs me out of nowhere. Me being not sure what to do so I just keep my hands by my side. "How have you been?" He continues.

Who is this guy? Do I know him? He seems to know me very well.

"Ummmm... I am good." I oblige, awkwardly.

"You don't recognize me, do you?" The redhead asks.

"Umm no." I shrug.

"Take a lucky guess," he folds his hands and stands in front of me with a smug look.

Wait, I think I have seen this guy before but I just can't get myself to remember his name. Suddenly my brain clicks.

"We used to go to primary school together, right?" He nods. "You are Ed!" I confirm.

He smiles widely and sighs, "thank god, you remember me. It's been a really long time since we've made some talk. Tell me about your life, how are your mother and sister? Have you found the girl of your dreams?" Ed rambles.

"Woah woah, slow down lad." I laugh.

Ed looks down at my hands and smugly says, "let me guess you still like bananas. You used to always bring everything made of banana, banana muffins, banana pancakes, banana shakes for lunch and you also used to bring an extra five bananas to eat in between classes." He laughs.

"Yeah, I still like them" I say with a monotone expression. I turn around and pay for the bananas in my hand. I return back to Ed and say, "lets go, we have a lot to catch on."

We start walking towards the park. Once we reach, we sit down on one of the benches. That is when Ed asks, "so how's life treating you?"

"Everything is just normal, nothing out of ordinary. What about you?" I shrug nonchalantly.

"Just the same, working at the farm. Now I also have a one-year old daughter so most of my time goes by playing with her," he says with a small smile on his face.