~thirty eight~

"And if you start to kiss
And the record skips
Flip it over
And sit a little closer"

~Lovers Rock, TV Girl

Alena's POV

"Let me get this straight, all we know is that his name is Martin?" Niall asks as he types furiously on his laptop which is connected to two more laptops and many wires.

"Yes and he is one of the Scorpions," I add on, shrugging my shoulders as I scribble on a notepad.

It has only been ten minutes since Harry and I have arrived at the headquarters. Angana and Niall reached before we did, obviously. Harry and I took the long route here because he didn't want to start work so soon as it was only ten in the morning.

Apparently Harry hates sitting and doing any kind of work which doesn't require kicking or punching someone. It doesn't surprise me though, I saw it coming.

Harry took me for a drive through the city, playing his music and singing along with it. I liked watching him be so casual and relaxed. His lips humming to the song, his back relaxed and his whole posture not so stiff. He isn't always as relaxed but when he is, he glows under a totally different light.

Harry didn't want to come here as he said we could just keep on driving and ditch Angana and Niall but I obviously objected to him saying that this is all of our messes and we can't just leave them doing it on their own when we are too in half fault. He said that what happened wasn't my fault to which my one glare made him stop.

He snorted when I said this has to be a team work but nonetheless he drove us to the HQ after fifteen more minutes of mindless driving.

Which brings us back to where we are now, sitting in one of the meeting rooms with the door locked from inside so that no one interrupts us or suspects us.

Angana and Niall had already found this empty meeting room and had texted us to come there directly. We didn't want to risk doing the discussion in my lab or in Niall's tech room, anyway. And this is the only meeting room in this whole building which doesn't have CCTV cameras.

Angana as her bratty self obviously asked about why we came late when the four of us left the parking lot almost at the same time. She kept on complaining and blabbering but we ignored her and told that we have more important issues to be concerned over.

"Oh, fuck," Niall slams the keys of his keyboard in frustration and tugs on his blond hair which has slowly started to fade from its roots. He takes off his glasses and rubs the heel of his palm on his eyes.

Angana ushers him from her seat beside him and runs her hand over Niall's arm. He looks at her and gives her a small reluctant smile.

"What is it baby?" Angana asks, her voice showing concern.

"The files are encrypted," he sighs, "they have a very advanced technological system."

"You are a hacker and a computer genius for a reason, use your head," Harry says, rolling his eyes.

Niall looks at Harry and sighs whereas Angana glares at Harry.

I place my hand on top of Harry's which is placed ideally on the arms of the chair. I give it a squeeze which makes Harry look at me. I give him a tight lipped smile to which he interlaces our fingers together, stronger.

"Okay well, let's not get frustrated, yeah?" I say quietly, offering everyone a small sigh to relax and not mush their brains into this. "We can run down the details again and look for what we are missing out."