~seventeen~

"Stop breathing down my neck
Do you understand me, yet?
Sometimes you have to lose
I'm living life for me not you"

~Keep pushing me, Gabrielle Aplin

Alena's POV

I keep scrolling through my phone going through the latest news mindlessly until I feel a presence in front of me.

I tilt my head a little and look up at the person who is two minutes late. I glare at him.

"What took you so long? I have been here for so long and you are three minutes late," I growl, sitting straight and putting my phone in my pocket.

Zayn rolls his eyes and sits down in the seat in front of me.

"I had to submit some of my work in college before coming here," he explains, running a hand through his lustrous black hair.

"Yeah busy college people." I roll my eyes and Zayn chuckles.

"You are always late so you can't say anything to me as I am late for the very first time," he teases.

"Yeah whatever. So what's up?" I chuck on my cookies and ask him.

I didn't know that in the morning this place could be so crowded. Last night, Zayn pestered me on the phone to tell him what happened yesterday afternoon when I was with Harry in the hospital.

It is only nine in the morning. We don't have work today so I called Zayn now to tell him the whole ordeal. After this I will go to the headquarters.

"Yeah the same old." Zayn shrugs and I nod.

Waitress soon comes and asks for our order. He orders something and she goes to bring the order. I ask for an orange juice as I am not hungry.

"So? You owe me an explanation. You know that right?" Zayn places his elbows on the table, keenly looking at me.

I roll my eyes. "Harry got a shoulder stab yesterday from one of his missions so I stayed with him the whole afternoon," I explain shortly, biting on my choco chip cookies.

His eyes widen a bit, "you mean your Harry?"

"My Harry?" I laugh giving him a questioning look.

He nods and says, "yeah that's what I said. Have you started having ear impairment issues Alena?" He smirks at me. I roll my eyes at him.

"He is not my Harry okay?" I scoff at him.

"Doesn't seem that way from the way you talked about him. Remember last week?" He raises an eyebrow, teasing me. "And you are blushing right now to prove my point."

I am?

"Yes, him. And I don't remember talking so fondly about him to you or heck anyone." I glare at him, turning red.

"Mm, wasn't he the one who is always rude to you?" He asks as the waitress comes and places our orders on the table. She gives us a tight lipped smile and leaves.

I sigh and intertwine my hands together on top of the fine wooden table and look at him. His hazel eyes showing a worried look.

"Yeah, well he has his own moments. He can be rude at times but I don't have to be rude right? I can be good," I say, sipping on my orange juice, doubting the words that are leaving my mouth.

God, the juice has a bit of pulp in it and I hate it. It gets stuck to my tongue. I spit the part I just drank and push the glass back on the table, further from me. I can't stand the sight of it.