~twenty eight~

"And when I see you
Then I just start to smile
And I get this feeling
That you are truly mine
Whenever you are by my side
Then suddenly it all feels right, so right"

~You make me happy, My Sun and Stars

Alena's POV

After a long time I wake up on time in the morning at around 8 am. It's been so long since I have done everything systematically and organised on time.

I don't feel depressed anymore. I feel at most lively.

I wake up early and have a nice bath. And for the first time in days I feel completely clean without any remains of my assault. It feels nice to be me again.

I get dressed in my casual clothes, bright and flowery. For the past few days I had been wearing dark clothes which I never wore, that were kept in the corner of my closet. They are made for depressed times.

And I think it's time for the depressed times to be over.

For the first part of the day, I just clean my room and myself. I put on some song on the vinyl, it plays in the background as I move around my room picking up stuff.

I open the blinds fully and let sunlight fall into my room. It's like light entering my room for the first time after the dark ages.

After vacuuming the whole room I go downstairs to vacuum the kitchen where I meet Angana biting on some chips while typing on her laptop urgently.

"Hey," I greet her.

She looks up from her laptop and says with a mouthful of chips, "oh hi." She watches me eyeing at the chips suspiciously and then looks down at her chips and then at me. "I am not gonna share these with you if you think."

I laugh, throwing my head back. "Don't worry about it, I will take it on my own." And with that I walk towards her and snatch the packet of chips away from her hand and walk away.

I take a bite of a chip and my eyes widen at the taste. "No way. Barbeque?" I glare at her and ask.

She shrugs and says, "yeah." I roll my eyes. I pull a stool and sit down on it, biting on my chips.

"You got my favourite flavour and didn't even had the courtesy to give it to me?" I raise my eyebrows at her. Barbecue in the house and I don't even know about it? I feel so offended right now. 

She rolls her eyes this time, shuts her laptop and stands up.

"Well it was right here on the counter the whole time and you didn't take it earlier so I did." She gives me her attitude, shrugging her shoulders.

"You-" I glare at her while biting on my favourite barbeque flavoured chips.

I know she does these things to piss me off. We always used to eat each other's favourite snacks all the time when we were kids, we still do. Then we would get angry at each other and start scratching our nails on the other person's skin, drawing blood. Then one of us would start crying, mostly me and then Angana would get scolded cause she made me cry.

I smile at this small memory of us. How the times change.

I eat the chips while she drinks a carton of milk. It's 12 in the afternoon now and who the hell drinks milk at this time of the day?

I hate milk.

That's exactly what I always say, me and Angana are similar in many ways like we look similar and have the same last name but that's it. Our differences are much more than our similarities. We are two different personas in the same body. We can be said to be twins by our looks but we don't act like twins at all. But I love her with all I have in me. She is the most important person in this world for me, always will be.