~twenty two~

contains lots of science related stuff cause i am a mf science student AHAA.

"And the lady's feeling
Like the moon that she loved
Don't you know that the stars are
A part of us"

~Bella Donna, Stevie Nicks

Alena's POV

Where the hell is Harry?

After I left him in the hallway, he hasn't returned yet. I looked out for him in the premises of the banquet but he was nowhere to be found. It has been a total of twenty minutes.

Oh god I feel so immensely guilty for what I said to him. It was very rude of me. I wasn't thinking. It was like those words came out of my mouth without even me processing them in my brain. I repeated those words many times in my head. Every time I do, it just makes me feel worse about what the hell I said to him.

I sounded like a bitch.

"You have been Evan to me for the past weeks, Harry."

Fuck I am so stupid.

Did he seriously leave without me after telling me he would be there with me the whole night? Maybe I deserve that.

Everyone has started gathering around. The displays have already been placed in their position. And even some have started their demonstration. Mine is like after four more people and I have no idea where Harry is.

I can do it without him of course, but I would rather have him near me. As odd as it sounds, he calms my nerves. It is difficult for me to accept this fact but in fact he does help even if he doesn't like me much.

And now he is not here.

He must be furious for which he had to leave and go.

"Hey you will do great," Maria says, giving a small encouraging smile, giving my hand a squeeze. I smile at her and nod.

Maria doesn't have a display, she just came here to watch other's so she decided to help me set up my table. She has been very helpful to me. I owe her a lot.

I look around frantically in hope that Harry would come from one of these many doors. I don't know what to do. I don't even have his number to call or text him.

Five minutes pass and he is still not here. I feel my hope deteriorating slowly that he won't be coming anymore.

After waiting a little longer, I finally give up. I try to comprehend that he isn't coming anymore. He left me. I close my eyes and took a long breath.

I turn towards my table where my name and biodata is written. My gadget carton box is placed on the table. I haven't taken it out yet as I want it to be a surprise for every viewer. I know its stupid as they are about to see it in about less than half an hour but still I am very secretive about my inventions.

"Where's that intense looking dude who has been following you around?" Maria asks.

I turn my head towards her and sigh, "I don't know." I want to say so many things like, maybe he left me, I was a complete bitch to him today even when he did nothing to me. But I keep these thoughts to myself.

I hear noise and cheers and words like 'wow', 'damn', 'it's so cool' from around me. I turn around and see that everyone present in this room are focused on the screen in one of the tables.

"Yo, you all, I am Dallas Lockhart from Canada. It is my pleasure to be here tonight and to present my latest gadget to you guys." A tall guy with dyed purple hair who I know now is Dallas speaks into the mic in front of his table where the screen is hanging on a stand. I can't see what is going on inside the screen as it is very dark outside. I am assuming it is showing the dark sky or something.