~nineteen~

"You amuse me
By pretending
That you don't care"

~Why(You Confuse Me), Mandi Perkins

Alena's POV

"I will pick you up at 7 on Wednesday evening. Wear your hottest dress, love." I jump in fright as a raspy low voice speaks right in my ear, the person's breath hitting my neck. As I quickly turn around, my neck sprains and I crash into a hard muscular body making me scream bloody murder.

My breath picks up a bit and my heart starts racing rapidly as I try controlling my breathing. After I am all good, I look at the person in front of me.

He looks down at my eyes then darts to my lips. A smirk perfectly fitted on his face. My whole body freezes. When I come back to my senses I realise that he is holding me. His arms around my lower back. And my hands on his chest.

I repeat, his arms around my lower back and my hands on his chest. Instinctively.

Our proximity is so little that my body rises up with warmth at his touch. His eyes dart back again to my eyes. He licks his lips and rolls his bottom lip into his mouth.

"WHAT IS WRONG WITH YOU?" I scream in his face, trying my hardest not to show how his presence is strongly affecting my whole being.

I can feel his hard chest under my hands as I quickly pry them off him. I shove him away and get out of his hold. As I look back at his face, he has a sombre look of what can be called as smugness.

I back away and stand at a little distance from him than earlier when we were almost on each other. I place my hand on my chest and breath deeply. I get scared very easily. That's my problem and fear. I am so pathetic.

I straighten my shirt and tuck a stray hair behind my ear. His eyes follow my action. He shoves his hands in his pocket and stands straight.

After I gain my composure, I charge at him.

"What? Do you go around scaring people like that?" I ask angrily, crossing my hands in front of me in what can be called a useless shield. He grows a frown on his face as he dips his head down a little.

As I wait for his reason to scare the shit out of me, I look at him up and down. He is wearing a black button up shirt and skinny jeans which fits his perfectly long legs. And maroon-ish coloured boots. His hair is messy as a few strands fall over his forehead making him look extra sexy.

Oh god Alena, fix up your mind.

He walks a step forward making me take a step back. The hallway is narrow but not that narrow that we can get trapped in here or he could corner me.

He has this feverish look in his eyes as he slowly approaches me making my breathing come to a sudden halt. He slowly takes out his left hand from his pocket as I watch him do it.

Maybe he is going to take out a laser gun which I made and shoot me with it or take out a knife which I made and slash my throat. My body is bubbling with weird feelings. My eeriness is rising up.

He takes two more steps towards me and so do I but I go backwards. He stops and takes out his hands from his jean pockets and places them at his back.

"I will pick you up at 7 on Wednesday," he says in his slow tantalizing voice. As his words sink into me, my eyes widen then they squint. And finally I reach my limit of infuriation.

"Why?" That's the only thing that comes out of my mouth in disgust. I look at him in disgust because of the way he has been treating me. But I can't continue with my disgusted look as he is truly gorgeous. And looking at a gorgeous man as he is with disgust is something which the universe would put a curse on me for.