~ten~

"So, do you think you can tell
Heaven from hell?
Blue skies from pain?
Can you tell a green field?
From a cold steel rail?
A smile from a veil?
Do you think you can tell?

~Wish you were here, Pink Floyd

Alena's POV

Work today at the lab wasn't much but I already feel very tired. I keep thinking about Corbin being MIA and the situation that happened after that.

The bakery I am sitting at right now is a really quiet place, perfect for me. It is one of my favorite places to relax at. Not much chattering, just the ringing of the bell at the front door when someone enters.

I sit quietly at the back seat near the window, reading my book and eating the croissant. It feels so calm here. Once in a while I look out of the window and watch people passing by. People walking their pets, leaving from offices, talking with their friends or just walking alone to home. Everything seems so in place.

No matter what, life keeps on going.

Weather is pleasant today. Bright blue sky is spread across the atmosphere. It is neither too cold nor too hot, just the middle amount of both of them.

I turn my head away from the window and continue reading my book.

The bell of the front door rings, signaling someone has entered. I didn't take my eyes off the book, reading it quietly in my mind.

I feel a tall presence pass me by my seat. I just tilt my head a little bit to look at them.

He has a 6 feet tall frame with a black shirt covering prominent back muscles and a mop of curly chestnut hair on the top.

All these features belong to only one person I know. And I am pretty much sure it is him.

"Harry!!!" I call out without even thinking.

Idiot. Idiot. idiot.

Oh my god I called him. Was it the right thing to do? After the incident in the mall and this morning I don't know what to expect from him.

I can never predict anything with him.

Even if he is rude to me, I don't have to be rude right? My etiquette brings the best out of me so I called him.

He turns his body half around searching for the person who called him. Then his eyes fall on me. It has something in them that I can't quite figure out. I smile a bit at him and wave towards him to come here.

He walks towards me and stands awkwardly in front of me with his hands in his jeans pocket.

"You can sit with me," I say nervously. Does it sound like I am forcing him? Oh my god. "If you want to. You don't have to if you don't want to." I add quickly feeling nervous about his response.

Why am I nervous? And why am I even interacting with a person? It is so unlike me.

He chuckles a bit, obviously contemplating whether to sit with a wreck like me or not, but eventually he sits opposite me. I feel a little relief wash over me.

Five minutes passes without a single word shared between us. It's really quiet, I mean if you drop a pin you will be able hear it fall and make a thud sound. I kinda think that I can even hear Harry's heart beating, wow he seems really cool not like me whose heart is beating like a thousand miles per hour.

He sits silently in front of me scrolling through his phone.

I am trying so hard to read my book but all I can do is stare at the same page.