~thirty three~

"You can kiss me in the moonlight
On the rooftop under the sky, or
You can kiss me with the windows open
While the rain comes pouring inside
Kiss me in sweet slow motion
Let's let every thing slide
You got me floating, you got me flying"

~This Kiss, Faith Hill

Alena's POV

Do you ever have that feeling when you're in dark for too long that you forget that there is something called light. 

Surely they say that there is light at the end of the tunnel but they never say how long the tunnel is. They never say how long we have to travel through the tunnel to reach that light. That's something they miss out. And somehow that is one of the major flaw in that phrase.

We can travel through the darkest of tunnels with no lights seeping through it's cracks for days and years till the end but what if it never ends? What if it's an unending, forever going tunnel? What do we do then?

We hope. We hope to reach the light but what if if we keep travelling the light gets getting further away from us? Like it's running from us. It doesn't wants us to reach it. So the question is, do we keep running even though we know we can't reach the light or do we stop and stay in the darkness forever?

It is up to us.

It is up to our fate.

Sudden buzz of vibration coming from somewhere wakes me up.

My eyelids open half and I restlessly pat at my side to pick up my phone. I keep patting but all I feel is the floor and then my hand lands on something else.

Another hand perhaps.

My eyes grow full open and I try to move but my side aches weirdly. I turn to the other side and I am met with a chest, a black buttoned shirt covered hard chest which is rhythmically moving up and down.

And then I am suddenly aware of the presence of another human beside me.

Fuck, this is the second time now that I am caught up in these situations. What did I do now?

I am almost cuddled into Harry. Keyword being almost.

My head is on his bicep and I am shamelessly using it as my pillow. His legs are twisted with mine and his head is resting on top of mine.

Wonderful.

My body warmths it's usual warmth the way it does when I am around him or when we are touching. I feel the heat flow from his body to mine and I weirdly feel pulled towards him like he is some magnet.

He is breathing softly and I can feel his breath on my hair in which his other hand is lost.

He looks so beautiful like this. His eyes shut, his lips a soft peachy colour, his chest touching my chest as we face each other.

This is something I would never not want to experience.

After admiring his pretty soulful face for some minutes, I take out my phone from the pocket which was previously vibrating. I am met by a reminder I had set for today.

Reminder: Cruella de Vil's lacrosse match.

I rub my eyes and look for other texts I have received which are zero to none. I usually don't get many texts, all I get is codes or the equipment requirements and the deadlines of their submissions. I check time and holy shit, it's nine in the morning.

Nine in the fucking morning.

I slept for more than twelve hours here in my lab. It's been years I haven't slept this long. Like twelve fucking hours? Who sleeps that much nowadays? I hardly get seven hours of sleep everyday and it sometimes doesn't feels enough but it works for me all the time.