•01• Too Handsome To Die

It was past midnight when Aara shut down the cafe.

Apparently a couple celebrated their twentieth anniversary in the cafe where Aara worked.

The Queen's Cafe.

Because they met for the first time at that place. Well, the old couple was very cute. Aara liked serving them. The way they were looking at each with immense love just did something to her heart.

She felt happy in their happiness. She doesn't have happiness in her life so whenever someone else around her is happy she simply tries to enjoy their happiness.

But now she was worried. How she will go back home at this unholy hour of night?

The road was deserted and she was all alone. The owl's sound and dog's barking was making her feel a little scared.

Her mind was imagining all the worse outcomes while walking under the dark sky.

What if any dog came in her way? She had a phobia of dogs.

What if any drunkard crossed path with her? She didn't bring pepper spray!

What if she met a woman wearing white saree who has feet towards her back, the one she saw in a horror show?

What if she met an accident by any chance? Her selfish uncle will never pay for her medication and she will definitely die.

She had just thought about accident and she heard a loud crash sound.

Aara, calm down. It's not you who met with an accident.

Then who met with an accident?

Aara turned around to look. At a distance she could see headlights of a vehicle lighting the dark road. She ran towards the vehicle, apparently a luxurious black car, which screamed the high society status of the person who owned it.

It was terribly damaged in the crash. The windows were tinted black, Aara could see nothing over it except for her face.

Eww! She looked gross at this hour of night. Even if she met a robber or thief, he will ran away fearing if she is a wandering spirit of a dead girl.

Author, someone is dying and you are joking about Aara's looks.

Aara looked around for something that could break the glass. She picked a heavy rock and hit the glass with it. Honestly, she doubted if the glass will break or not. But fortunately it broke!

It means the owner of the car is not a politician or mafia or someone dangerous. Because if he was then the car windows would be bulletproof for his safety from the enemies.

So yeah, indirectly his clean background saved him from dying in that car.

Aara somehow managed to open the door of driver's seat by clicking random button through the broken window. She had no knowledge how these sophisticated million dollar cars worked.

As the door opened finally her attention diverted to the guy who was laying unconscious on the driver's seat. His head was resting on the steering wheel, a poor seatbelt crushing under his weight.

What if he is dead? She shivered slightly while moving his face towards herself. Her eyes first caught the sight of blood oozing out from his forehead and then she checked his breathe. He was alive, but unconscious. She immediately pulled out her scarf, that was too long to be called a scarf, and tied it around his forehead to minimize the flow of blood.

It was the first time she faced such situation. But she was sensible enough to know that she needed to call the ambulance, and that's exactly what she did.

In half an hour she heard a siren and sighed when the ambulance arrived. The injured guy was taken away in the ambulance and then again she was standing all alone on a deserted road under the black star-less night sky.

However, she was no more afraid of dogs or thieves or drunkards or ghosts. She saved a life to shout out loud! And with this happy thought in her mind she reached her home only to realise that the scarf she wrapped around that guy's forehead was one of her mother's possessions. It upset her for a while, but it was just a scarf, even if belonging of her dead mother. It values nothing in front of a life.

Right, Aara?

"Only if it could bring back my parents. But no worries. It saved someone's son. And that's what matters."

Reassuring herself she retired to her bed, staring at the ceiling with endless thoughts wandering in her mind. Before falling into a peaceful slumber she just hoped that the guy would be out of danger. He was too handsome to die so young.

••• ••• •••
I don't know if anyone will read it or not. Because initially I received zero response on my previous stories. But trying doesn't hurt.