•07• The Left Side

It was around eight o'clock at night when Aara and Siya closed the cafe.

“Aara, how will you go home?” Siya asked, knowing that Aara had no ride back home.

“I guess, I will again walk to my home tonight.” Aara dusted her pants while saying so.

“I'll drop you home today.” Siya chirped.

“But your home is in the very opposite direction from my home. You will get late to reach home.”

“No worries, yaar.”

Aara was about to start giving reasons for Siya to not waste her costly petrol and precious night time to drop her home.

But both the girls saw a shadow.

A giant shadow.

Dark, mysterious, terrifying shadow.

What if he is a criminal who ran away from jail?

Or worse, he is a serial killer who kills young girls?

Or even worse, he kidnaps girls and sell them off?

“Aaryahi.” Aara heard her name being called by that giant shadow and she turned around to look at him.

What she saw was a very familiar face. Someone too handsome to be forgotten.

“Angvir... I mean, Mr Angvir.”

Angvir rolled his eyes over her useless formality at eight in the night.

Siya felt like it's her lucky day. She got to meet two hotties. First one was the Prince Charming who looked cute with specs, and second one was the guy standing in front of her who was no less than a real-life Prince Charming. Maybe a little more, but no less.

“What are you doing here, sir?”

“First of all, I am not a 50-year-old that you are calling me Sir.”

“Well, if you were 50-year-old, most probably I would have called you Uncle, not Sir.” She replied sweetly yet sarcastically.

He smirked at her quirky comeback.

“Alright, but no Sir. Call me anything else.”

“Then most probably Aara should call you Prince Charming.” Siya jumped into their conversation, openly flirting with Angvir.

He smirked, again. While Aara glared at Siya, her friend was flirting with the guy who has sponsored her scholarship.

“Siya, I think you are late for home. Go or else your neighbour-cum-boyfriend will get worried.”

Aara's sugarcoated taunt ruined Siya's romantic mood.

Aara turned to Angvir, who was amused at the two cuties bickering in front of him.

“Mr Mehrotra, will you please tell me why are you here?”

“Miss Aaryahi, I am here to return your belonging.”

Listening to his words, Siya gasped.

“You both had a one night stand!?”

And immediately Siya put her hand on her mouth. She was not supposed to voice out her thoughts so loudly, but habits change hard.

Aara and Angvir, both were shocked to hear her scandalous question.

“Siya! Are you out of your mind- Oh, no. I already know- yes, you are out of your mind.” Aara burst upon innocent Siya.

“Please, don't scold her. She looks so innocent and cute. By the way, I am Angvir Mehrotra, Siya.” Angvir smiled and forwarded his hand for a handshake.

“Hi! I am Siya. Siya Mehra. By the way, what's your Instagram ID?”

Aara gaped at their straightforward and flirtatious introduction. Don't they get double thoughts like she does?

“Oh, it's Angvir. And I bet I am the only Angvir using Instagram so you won't have problem finding my account.” Angvir was quite proud of the rarity of his name.

“Mr Mehrotra, you said you have my belonging. What about that?” Aara dragged the conversation back to the main point.

“Oh, yes. Here, take this.” He pulled out her scarf from the pocket of his coat and handed it to her.

He was expecting her to shrug and say “It's of no use for me now.” But witnessed the very opposite.

Her eyes lit up looking at the scarf, as if she valued it more than diamonds. And yes, she truly valued the scarf more than diamonds, because it was her mother's scarf.

Obviously, she noticed the blood stains, but again it was a memorial of her kind act of saving someone's life. Those stains only made the scarf even more special.

“Thank you, I thought I won't get it back.” She smiled gratefully.

Angvir couldn't understand why she was so grateful to get back just a scarf. Maybe it was something that only girls can understand. Maybe that's why Ishana told him to give it back to Aaryahi. Because she very well understands that sentiment.

“Alright, how will you both go home?” Angvir asked them, being a gentleman.

“We are going on my Activa.” Siya replied.

“Oh, so you also live in Pitampura area?”

Aara's eyes snapped at him. He knew her address. Alright, he sponsored her scholarship, so obviously he will have her basic information.

“No, my house in the opposite direction of it. But Aara don't have ride back home.”

At that moment, Aara felt a little embarrassed. What he might be thinking of her now? Someone who troubles her friend. And why Siya had to mention this? But again, Siya is Siya because she thinks everyone is just like her, who doesn't judge others. However, in Angvir's case, it was actually true.

“Why don't you come with me, Aaryahi? I will drop you home, I am going in the same direction.” Angvir suggested, even when his home was at an hour distance from Aara's address.

Aara wanted to refuse, but she didn't want to trouble Siya. So she nodded in agreement, making Siya smirk.

“So, let's leave. Bye, Siya. I'll come around sometime for a cup of coffee.” He smiled at the bubbly girl.

“I will be desperately waiting for your arrival, Mr Angvir.” Her tone was a dreamy one, as if she was Cindrella and he, her Prince Charming. But she very well knew her real Prince Charming was waiting for her in his balcony. But casual flirting doesn't hurt.

Angvir opened the door of passenger seat for Aara, she sat in the car after mumbling a small thank you. Angvir seated on the driver's seat and tucked in his seatbelt. Aara somehow managed to tuck her seatbelt. And he ignited the car engine, roaring it to life and begin the car ride to her place.

But I assure you, this ride wasn't going to end so easily. The spark was igniting from somewhere. Somewhere from the left side. Where heart resides. Where love and it's synonyms resides.

To be continued...

••••••••••••••••••
Next update, hopefully, will be soon this time.