•17• Woman Up

That day Aara missed her first lecture because she got late for college.

“Aara, how is it possible that you missed your English lecture?” Samaira came rushing and asked the question bothering her for an hour. Because Aara never missed Danish's lecture.

“Samaira, I overslept.”

She spent most of the evening and all night at the terrace hugging Angvir, and yes, their proximity didn't let her sleep. But still, she liked every moment of it.

“But your smile says the otherwise,” Samaira said with suspicion.

“You know that I don't have control over my expressions.” Aara excused the topic.

“Alright, topic change. The popular bad boy Aaryan Khanna is throwing a party tonight!”Samaira exclaimed.

“Samaira, I understand you have had a major crush on him for the last three years. But your mother won't let you go to the party.” Aara reasoned.

“Oh, but you are severely ill and someone needs to take care of you for a night,” Samaira explained feigning innocence.

“That's not gonna happen. I am in no way accompanying you to any rubbish party.” Aara was firm on her decision, she didn't want to associate with a rich bad boy at any cost.

“Aara, I can't go there alone. You'll let me enter lion's den alone?”

“No, I won't let you enter it in the first place.”

“I, you know, maybe want to propose to him.”

“Are you serious?”

“It's now or never.” Samaira gave her a determined look, which seemed very stupid to Aara considering the situation.

“Samaira, you should be awarded idiot of the year, you know.”

“That can be discussed later, first we need to go shopping.”

And Samaira dragged her out of the campus.

🤍🤍🤍

“I can't believe that you out of all people made me bunk my classes. You are a professor's daughter to shout out loud.” Aara was throwing tantrums while passing through rows of dresses.

“Woman up, Aara, woman up,” Samaira said dramatically.

“I am only twenty-one, I can't woman up for at least the next four-five years.”

“Shut your mouth up and select a dress for yourself.”

“I don't want a dress.”

“I'll pay, Aara.”

“Excuse me, I earn.”Aara got offended by Samaira's words.

“But it's me forcing you to attend the party.” Samaira reasoned.

“Samaira, if I am to go to the party, I'll buy a dress with my money.” Aara declared stubbornly.

“Alright, at least you agreed to go.” Samaira grinned, shrugging her shoulders.

And both the girls started looking for dresses.

🤍🤍🤍

Samaira was having a hard time selecting a dress. All the outfits seemed revealing to her. She wanted something modest yet stylish.

While Aara was confused between two dresses. One was a black dress which ended a little above her knees. The other one was a pink-coloured long dress with a deep back.

It didn't bother her that the black dress was too short or that the pink dress exposed her back. She had no one to appease. No parents to be scared of. She was all cool till the time the outfit covered her in the right places.

But she can't wear two dresses at a time. She had to choose only one. But both were equally pretty. Which left her with one option. She clicked the pictures of both the dresses and sent them to Angvir. Maybe he could help her. He must have attended such high-class parties.

🤍🤍🤍

Ang was busy signing a few files when his phone pinged. The screen showed that Aara had sent him pictures on WhatsApp. So he quickly grabbed his phone and opened his WhatsApp. Surprisingly, Aara had shared pictures of two dresses. And a message that read ‘choose one.’

“Pink one or the black one?” He was confused.

“The black one.” He heard from his back. He turned around and saw his secretary Shruti standing there. He looked at her long enough to make her understand that she needs to move away.

And when she did move away, he typed his reply, “The Black One 🖤”

And put down his phone, continuing with the office work.

🤍🤍🤍

Aara's phone pinged, indicating that maybe Ang sent his reply. And yes, he did.

“The black dress it is then.” She picked up the said black dress and moved to the counter to make an online payment.

While Samaira too decide to buy a red dress with long sleeves which covered her properly.

And they were good to go to the party that night.

•••••
How's the chapter?