•04• Angvir Mehrotra [loading...]

The bell rings, indicating that the examination time was over. The friction between pen and paper increased at every bench in the examination hall. The invigilator hurried to collect the sheets and after ten minutes, when sheets were collected, students began sighing.

"It was tough."

"I left a five mark question!"

"I am fail, mark my words."

And began exiting the examination hall.

Aara was in a gloomy mood. Her Bachelor degree was finally over, which meant she was no more a student. As a kid she always wanted to get rid from the studies, but then she didn't want to end her student life. She wanted to do Masters degree as well, but she wasn't capable of paying her fees.

She had just joined the first year of Bachelor degree when her parents died. At that time the university gave her a scholarship so that she could at least complete her bachelor degree without worrying about the fees. They understood that it's tough for her to cope up with the trauma of losing her family and a sudden realisation that she is left all alone in this world.

But education is a profiting business. It's all about money. They can be generous for once, but not all the times.

Aara can't expect them to help her again. She tried to talk to the Dean but his answer was a polite NO.

"Aaryahi Sharma!" She heard her name being called by a woman. As much as she could remember that woman works as a counceller in the university. And has an impressive accent.

"Yes, ma'am." Aara walked to the woman.

She was surprised that she knew her name. She was just one normal student among ten thousand other students.

"Dean has summoned you to his office."

"Alright, I am going." She gave a nod and hurried to the Dean's office.

"May I come in, sir?"

"Yes, please." The Dean said as he looked away from the documents on his desk. He was in his late fifties, and no student likes him because of his unnecessary strictness.

"Miss Aaryahi Sharma, you'll be glad to know that you are getting a sponsored scholarship to complete your Masters degree." His tone was formal. No emotions at all.

Just a month ago he had refused her any scholarship and now, but it was sponsored. Means it's not from the university's side, someone else is going to sponsor her Masters degree.

"Thank you, sir."

"You may leave now. Paperwork will be done once the sponsor transact your entire fees."

"Sir, who is the sponsor?" She was curious, who was ready to spend money on her studies.

"Angvir Mehrotra." The name was totally foreign to her.

Mehrotra is a Punjabi Hindu surname and his name Angvir is a Sikh name. Well, she has never heard this name before, but usually Sikh names are a combination of two words. So maybe this Angvir Mehrotra belongs to a Punjabi Hindu family which follows Hinduism as well as Sikhism.

All thanks to her curious mind, Aara has a good knowledge about many Indian communities.

And living in a city like Delhi, where you can meet a Punjabi, Tamil, Gujrati or Bengali in every street, it's quite useful.

She wanted to thank him for helping her.

And that's how she reached the office of Mehrotra Industries the very next day.

She chose her attire very carefully, a magenta kurta with white plazo, and white duppata around her neck. She wanted to look sincere. Well, she always looks sincere. But the kind of sincere who has no idea about what's happening around her.

She stepped on total fifteen marble stairs before reaching the entrance. The watchman gave her a weird look. Maybe because he was used to see people in office suits and formal attires, she looked under-dressed.

Her simplicity was not fit for their sophistication.

As she stepped inside, it seemed as if she entered a whole different world. A world of utter formality. It looked fascinating to see so many people dressed with perfection. A perfect definition of professionalism.

But it seemed so boring.

No smiles, no warmth.

Aara could feel her hands sweating and chest tightening with nervousness. She composed herself and approached the reception.

"Good morning, ma'am. How can I help you?" The receptionist smiled.

Oh, she smiled. That too not a professional smile, a genuine smile.

"Can I meet Angvir Mehrotra?"

Listening to this name, the receptionist got confused. Maybe because she had no idea what to do.

Which means she was new at her job.

"Do you have an appointment?" She asked the question she had heard in the movies for millions of times.

"No."

"I'm sorry, you can't meet him without appointment."

"But I need to meet him. Can you please tell him Aaryahi Sharma has come to meet him?"

First of all, the receptionist smiled hearing the name "Aaryahi", she found it unique and beautiful. And then she nodded.

🤍🤍🤍🤍🤍🤍🤍🤍🤍🤍

Angvir was sitting on the head chair in the conference room and was attending a meeting with the heads of all the departments.

It was so boring.

He had joined the company just a few months ago simply because he is the elder son of Mehrotra family. He had no interest in the family business. But his father forcefully made him the CEO, not even caring that Angvir is only 25 and has no experience. He thinks his guidance will be enough to make him successful.

Angvir was busy stifling a yawn when his secretary Shruti came to his side.

"Sir, any Aaryahi Sharma has come to meet you."

Listening to this name, his boredom vanished and he quickly stood up from his chair.

Others got startled at his sudden move.

"I'm sorry, gentlemen. But I need to end this meeting immediately. You all may go back to your respective departments." Saying so he walked outside the conference room. Shruti followed him behind.

"Go and show her the way to my cabin." He ordered.

"Me?" Shruti was confused. She was his secretary, not a peon.

"Yes, you." He replied without glancing at her and made his way to the cabin.

Shruti kept looking at him until he entered his cabin.

She was a hopelessly romantic girl, who had a hope that maybe her life will be just like those love stories where the boss falls in love with his secretary.

But she forgot that there is a fine line between fiction and reality. A line that can never be destroyed.

What was that girl's name?

"Aaryahi Sharma." She mumbled thinking how lucky this girl is to get Angvir Mehrotra's attention.

•••••••••••••••
To be continued...