•15• The Imaginary Affair

Warning: Siya is going to be very annoying.

•••

“Aara! Aara! Aara!” Siya began chirping as soon as Aara entered the cafe for her shift.

Siya came running and gave Aara a tight, bone-crushing hug.

“Siya, why so excited today? Did your boyfriend propose to you for marriage?” Aara joked seeing Siya's level of enthusiasm.

“No!”

“Then, what is it?”

“Aara, you seriously don't know what happened?”

“Siya, I seriously don't know what you are talking about.”

“Aara dear, your boyfriend bought this cafe!”Siya jumped on her feet while saying so.

“But I don't have any boyfriend.” Now Aara was confused. How a non-existent person can buy a cafe?

“Aara, I am talking about Angvir,” said Siya as if it was the most obvious thing in the world. To her, yes, it was very obvious that Aara and Angvir are dating. Even though in reality, no, they aren't. But what she could do, was the side effect of watching those unrealistic Bollywood movies.

“Siya, he isn't my boyfriend.” Aara was serious while saying so.

The whole college was talking about her dating Angvir. And now, even Siya was imagining the same.

“If he isn't your boyfriend. If he doesn't love you. Then why did he buy the cafe?” Siya made an argument.

“Maybe because he liked our coffee.” That was the only conclusion Aara could reach. And to some extent it was believable. Angvir can do this.

“Silly girl, he loves you that's why he bought the cafe.” However, Siya was hell-bent on her point.

“Siya, don't make assumptions. He is a businessman, maybe he has some business plan in his mind.”

“Aara, why are you not accepting that he loves you?”

“Because it isn't the truth.”At this point, Aara was losing her patience. Siya's nonsensical argument was making her angrier with every passing moment.

“Good afternoon, ladies.” At the very same moment, Angvir entered the empty cafe. Just looking at their postures and expressions made him realise that they were having some serious argument. The smile he had on his face a moment ago faded as soon as took in the situation.

Aara took a deep breath and walked up to him.

“Ang, tell her there's nothing between us.” She went straight to the point, catching him off-guard.

“What?” He was confused.

“Tell her.” Her angry tone only made him nervous.

“Aara, don't pressurise him. Just admit it, yaar. Both of you are dating.”

“No, Siya. We aren't.” Angvir clarified.

“But if you don't love her, then why do you buy the cafe?”

“Because I can. I wanted to help all of you, not only Aara.”

And Siya was quiet for good.

Aara glared in Siya's direction and left from there.

Seeing her leaving Angvir walked outside and began following her.

“Aara, why are you so angry?” He asked while walking five steps away from her.

“Because I want to be angry.” She kept moving ahead, not looking back.

“Siya have filmy brain cells. Don't be angry.”

“It's not only about her. Even the whole college is discussing our imaginary affair.”

“If it was some other girl at your place, she would be on cloud nine that she is being paired with such a rich, handsome guy.”

“I am not some other girl.”

“Aara, why are feeling so bad about this situation. It will be back to normal after a few more days or weeks. People will gradually stop talking about us.”

“But I don't want any ‘Us’ to be discussed. They think of me as a social climber. A gold digger, in their words.”

“Okay, I understand your concern.”

“No, you don't.”

“I do, Aara.”

“Will you stop following me?” She fired while glaring back in his direction.

“Nope.”

“Go to hell!” She cried out in anger and frustration.

“Well, if you say so. Mind joining me to the hell. We'll swim in the lava together and also have lots of selfies with Yamraj.”

“Ang, I'm not in the mood of joking.” She said, stifling the soft laughter she was about to have.

“But you are smiling.” He smiled while saying so.

“Let's go to hell, then.” And she dragged him with her. And he gladly did. At least, he made her sour mood fine.

•••

I am watching Vampire Diaries nowadays. 😜😜😜