•24• A Cup Of Cappuccino

Aara felt different.

Previously, she used to feel like a sidekick. The topper's best friend. Though, she never considered Samaira as her best friend. Samaira was a good friend, but not her best friend.

Now she felt as if the whole world revolved around her. Students passing by were glancing in her way because apparently, the popular guy of the college was rumored to be asking her out.

At the moment, she was sitting in the library and reading The Time Machine. She hoped to finish reading the book in one sitting.

However, someone had to interrupt.

“Hey!” She heard Aaryan, who sat beside her with a charming smile.

“Hi.” She didn't look away from the book and kept reading as if her life depended on it.

“Your English lecture was over long ago. So now can we have a coffee together?” He asked expectantly.

“I have work after college. I can't afford to waste my time.” She responded while flipping a page.

“You work? Where?” He asked curiously.

“That's none of your business. But I work as a waitress in a local cafe.” She had hoped that he will now stop bothering her after knowing that she works as a waitress.

“Are you doing this intentionally or you are seriously not interested?” He asked in all seriousness.

Aara was quiet for a few moments but then she looked at him and replied, “As I said before, I can't afford to waste my time.” That was her simple answer to him.

“Then what about you and Angvir Randhawa?”

“I repeat, that's none of your business.” She didn't try to give any explanation because he was a mere stranger to her. His judgment didn't matter to her.

She continued reading the book, completely ignoring his presence.

Soon enough he left.

🤍🤍🤍

Aara entered the cafe to witness the bustling of customers at every table. Profit had increased since Angvir bought the cafe. Maybe because he was a businessman and he knew how to make businesses profitable. The cafe business was no exception.

She quickly entered the changing room and changed into the staff uniform. A pink t-shirt with Queen's written at the heart.

Later, she entered the kitchen.

“Hello, ladies. Where should I start from?” She asked.

“Take this cup of cappuccino and cookies and go to table no. 15.” One of them said while handing her a tray.

“Sure.” Aara nodded and left.

🤍🤍🤍

“Enjoy your coffee, Ma'am.” She said sweetly before walking away. However, she turned back when she realized that it was a familiar face.

She looked at the person she had served a few moments ago.

“Hello, Aara!” The lady waved at her with a wide, excited smile.

Even if she didn't remember the lady earlier, now when she witnessed her level of excitement she quickly recognized her.

It was Jennifer. Danish's friend. Who, according to Danish, could give a smooth beginning to Aara's writing career.

“Jennifer.” Aara smiled and walked back to her.

Jennifer smiled and sipped her cappuccino, “Hmm, it tastes nice.”

“I am assuming that you being here is a mere coincidence,” said Aara.

“Nope, I came here to meet you. I asked Danish for your whereabouts and immediately came here.” Jennifer replied nonchalantly.

“Why?” Now, Aara was confused.

“Because I have an offer for you. A writing offer, to be exact. I am starting a weekly magazine and I want you to write articles for it.” Jennifer replied.

“Why me?” That's what bothered her.

“Because your writing style has top-notch sarcasm and satirical humor. And I am damn sure that it will be a blast among readers.”

Aara was speechless. She was being offered a writing job. Her first writing job was to shout out loud.

“Now I presume your brain is too shocked to function. So you may continue with your work while I enjoy my beverage. I'll message you the details by next morning, I got your contact number from Danish. See you soon, babe.”

As Jennifer said, Aara's brain was too shocked to function. So she nodded with a clueless expression and went back to the kitchen.

“What took you so long, Aara?” Siya asked while standing near the coffee maker.

“Met an acquaintance.” She replied, still confused.

“Aara, prepare two cups of latte.” said a fellow waitress.

Aara nodded and moved to get the ingredients needed. Then she put the ingredients in a cup as per the recipe required and put the cup in the latte maker.

While the latte was being prepared, she was trying to wrap her head around the fact that finally, she was going to pursue a writing career. She will do what she loved the most. Writing.

“Aara, are you daydreaming?” Siya asked looking at her lost expectation.

“Maybe.” She replied because she still couldn't believe what just happened at table no. 15.

•••

How's the chapter?