•13• Desi Adda

Please listen to the song above if you are reading with internet on. Rest is upto your mood.

•••

Desi Adda.

From the name of it, Aara thought the place to be a cozy and small food corner with a very traditional Indian theme.

Well, it was exactly what she had thought. However, there was a little twist. A very emotional twist. A twist that brought tears to her eyes.

All the working staff of the restaurant was senior citizens.

The place was buzzing with young, sweet customers eating delicious food cooked by grannies. The atmosphere had a warmth, the warmth our homes provide to us.

"Ang, I don't know if I should cry or smile looking at the aged people working here." She wiped her tears while saying so.

They were seated at a table in a secluded corner. Opposite each other, with a round table placed between them.

Her eyes wandered around and caught a certain grandpa who looked familiar. His smiling face seemed fresh in her memories. Her mind linked him tonight and Gol Gappey.

Oh! He was that uncle from the night when Angvir dropped her home.

He also worked here.

"Ang, when this restaurant started?"

"Well, it's quite old. However, just a couple of days ago it was bought from the owner. The aim was to provide stable jobs to the aged people who need money or want to work."

"Why am I getting a feeling that you are the one who bought this place?"She just had this feeling that it was him from the way he explained.

"Well, how you found out?"Indirectly he admitted it.

"I just saw the uncle selling Gol Gappey from that night. And I just had this feeling that it's you."

"Why? It could be someone else as well."

"No one else can be as good-hearted as you. Goodness is rare, and so are you."

His cheeks turned red at her sweet words.

Did she just see him blushing?

"Ang, you are blushing."She said with a teasing smile.

"No, no, it's just quite hot here."He fanned his face in an attempt to get rid of the blush.

"You look cute when you blush."Her lips formed a wide grin seeing him all flustered at her compliment.

"Aara, I am not blushing."He whined, proving the very opposite of what he was saying.

"You are so blushingly adorable."She kept grinning.

The very same uncle came with their order. He warmly smiled at both of them and placed their order on the table.

Mouth-watering Samosas with Chhole.

As the uncle left, both the hungry bears attacked their food.

"Hmm! It's so tasty!"Aara moaned as the spices exploded in her mouth.

Ang smiled at her and continued eating.

"Ang..." He heard her.

"Hmm?" He lifted his eyebrows to look at her.

"Tell me about yourself." She smiled.

It was a very simple sentence. Something a wannabe friend will ask for sure. However, he was still baffled at her question.

"I don't know what to tell you. I mean, just go through some articles online and you'll know everything about me."

He wasn't used to talking, more like bragging about himself. Poor thing, riches don't buy you self-confidence.

"Well, that's what people know about you. You tell me what kind of a person you are."

"Umm... I don't know. You should ask this question to the people I work with. Like how can I define myself? We all think that we are perfect."

"That's a lie."

"In my case, yes. I don't think I am perfect. I am the ugly duckling of my family. You know, that ungrateful kid who isn't happy with the luxury he has."

"That simply means you don't measure happiness in terms of money. You never worked to earn all these riches, so it's okay if it means nothing to you. Isn't that what we all do? I was never happy with the food I used to get to eat. I wanted to eat those delicious cuisines. However, now when I am earning for myself, I'll be content with a simple curry and my burnt chapatis."

"It must be hard, right? First, losing your parents and now struggling for..."

"Everything. Yeah, it was hard, and it still is. Sometimes I just feel like crying and crying and crying. Sometimes I want to end my life. However, there are times when I feel proud of myself. That I survived this trauma and I am moving on. At least, I am trying. About struggles, God always has some way to help us. Like he sent you to help me. A handsome billionaire stubborn to help me." She chuckled at last.

"Hey, you saved my life. I will help you."

"You are too good, Angvir."

"Is that good or bad?"

"Both. Your innocence will always offend the so-called society. But God will be really happy with you."

"You know, when people repeatedly chant God's name throughout their conversations, it irks me. I feel like they are pretending. But with you, I feel like your praises are genuine."

"I hope so." She simply smiled, feeling a little bit shy all of a sudden.

•••

FINALLY!!!

I completed this chapter after whole two months!

All thanks to 'Dil Ko Karar Aaya' song. I was listening to the song few hours ago. And I felt like it was describing the scene in this chapter. So I continued from where I got stuck two months ago. And I wrote in a flow, while listening to the song on repeat. And it worked!!!