•06• Prince Charming & Cindrella

Pehle ishq mein tune mujhko dhoka diya hai

Duja logo'n ko hasne ka bhi mauka diya hai

Jhoothi teri thi kasmein, jhoothe tere the vaade

Jhoothi teri wafaa-dariyan

Jaa dekhi teri yaariyan... yaariyan

Aara was humming her newest favourite song with earphones plugged in her ears and was getting ready for her afternoon shift.

“Aara, a cup of coffee for table no. 37.” A fellow waitress informed.

Aara sighed. She wanted to keep listening to the song but listening music don't pay you salary. So she put a whole Mt. Everest over her heart and removed the earphones.

She entered the kitchen and picked the order. Aara tried her best to act like a professional waitress. Active, respectful, and someone who doesn't swoon over handsome men.

“Your order, sir.” She placed the coffee on the table.

The person sitting there diverted his attention from his tablet to the waitress standing in front of him.

He was handsome, but not someone you can categorise as hot or sexy. He looked mature kind of handsome. Chivalrous, someone who knows how to respect women.

“Thanks for the coffee, miss.” He smiled.

It's said that if you want to know about someone's real nature, observe how he or she behaves with waiters. And the way he had shown respect towards her, she knew he had a great heart.

“That's my job, sir.” She returned his smile and went back to the kitchen.

But obviously his kind nature caught her attention. Aara took orders from other customers, did other necessary works. But she was attentively observing his actions.

The way his lips were moving on their own while he was thinking, a habit overthinkers posses.

The way he was frowning while looking at his wrist-watch every twenty seconds.

The way he was turning to the main door after every sip of his coffee.

He was waiting for someone. Someone important.

And finally his eyes beamed when a beautiful woman entered the cafe.

She was wearing a black office suit. Her face was void of anything artificial. She was a natural beauty and she knew that very well. The way she was walking so confidently, that too on five-inch heels, it really impressed Aara. The woman was a Boss Lady to be exact. The one hell bent breaking stereotypical norms regarding Indian women.

“Aara, are you a lesbian?” Her fellow waitress Siya asked.

Her question shocked the poor Aara. Aara looked at Siya weirdly. Has she gone made to ask such question? Even after knowing that Aara has total ten male crushes and the list keeps increasing every day.

“Why did you ask?” Aara reacted as if she was accused of murder. The situation was scandalous for her.

“Just got a feeling from the way you were checking out that lady.” Siya shrugged.

Aara's eyes and mouth widened in shock.

She checked out a woman and didn't even realise this?

But no, she didn't check her out. She admired her confidence.

“I wasn't checking her out. It's just that she has a confident personality.” Saying so Aara sprinted away.

Siya frustratingly cursed herself for asking such a stupid question. She has got a big mouth and she knew it very well. But still curious cutie sometimes crosses the boundary between sanity and insanity.