•25• Kiss Me, Aara

Aara was lying on her bed and going through her Wattpad account, reading comments on her books.

One particular comment read that the female protagonist was bragging.

“Do people also think that I brag? No, I don't think so,” She thought for a while that what made the reader feel like that.

That character was a fictional version of herself. She knew the story wasn't anything special. It was just an experiment for her.

She read the last few chapters of the book and then realized that the character wasn't bragging. Aara had intentionally stretched the chapters. Her laziness as a writer affected the quality of her story.

“How am I supposed to write professionally when I can't even maintain the quality of my story? I need to work on it.”

The very moment she received a call from Angvir. She picked it up with a smile.

“Hello, Aara.” He greeted from the other side.

“Hey.” She smiled.

“Are you functional enough to attend a party tomorrow night?” He asked nervously.

“That depends on what sort of party it is.” She replied while looking at the ceiling fan. It needed some dusting.

“It's a normal South Delhi party. I want to introduce you to my family.” He revealed carefully.

“Ang, why a party?” She shrugged as if he could see her doing that.

“Party is just an excuse, Aara.” He shrugged as well as if she could see him doing that.

“Bring them to the cafe someday. I'd be happy to meet them there instead of at a party.”

“You have attended a few parties, right?” He asked.

“Yeah, twice. First, when Danish sir dragged me to a party with him, and second, where I kicked a guy in the restroom.”  She chuckled remembering that groin-breaking night.

“Oh, how can I forget that night.” She could feel him smile through his voice.

“However, I feel fake attending those posh parties. I feel like I don't belong there.” 

“But you looked pretty confident that night.”

“I was feigning confidence, Ang. I have learned to do that, after my parents' death.”

“Open the door. I am standing outside.”

She got up from the bed and moved towards the window. A black car was parked in front of her house. And it belonged to Angvir.

She quickly moved to the main door and opened it to see him standing with his phone attached to his ear. While his other hand carried a shopping bag.

Both of them removed their phones from their ears.

“Why are you here at this hour?” Aara asked in confusion.

“I wanted to surprise you with this dress as I had assumed that you'd say yes to attending the party. However, the opposite happened. But still, a dress for you, Aara.” And he forwarded the dress.

“I don't want any dress, Ang. I will buy one if I feel like wearing one.” She refused.

“But it's a gift, Aara.” He insisted.

“And I don't need your gifts, Ang. You have done enough for me.”

They fell into silence for a few moments before Angvir spoke, “Is it because of my mental condition?” He asked in a confused tone. Because that's the only reason he could see past her sudden changed behavior.