•05• Something called Google

The door opened and Angvir's heart began thumping loudly. He was excited to see her reaction. And what will be her reaction to his strange ways of generosity?

He had his face towards the wall-size window from where he could easily point at the Red Fort.

He heard her walking forward. Surprisingly, it wasn't the sound of heels clicking against the marble floor, but a low key produced by comfortable sandals.

He counted in his mind.

“One... Two... Three.”

And turned around in a slow pace.

He was expecting her to get shocked, to see her eyes widened, to see a perplexed look on her face. But he saw the very opposite of it.

A calm look. As if she knew it would be him.

“Good morning, Mr Mehrotra.” And his prediction was absolutely correct.

He immediately hid his confused expression and played along.

“Good morning to you as well, Miss Sharma. Please, have a seat.”

Aara nodded with a smile and sat on a chair placed in front of his office table. Angvir himself sat on his chair, which sometimes makes him feel like a king with its throne-like structure.

“So, what brought you here, Miss Sharma?” He smirked.

“Your generosity.” The look she gave him could not be described in words. It was indescribable.

Angvir wasn't someone to speak in riddles, he just couldn't do it. It was out of his character. So he let this facade and spoke up straightforwardly.

“I don't understand what's your problem. You needed money to complete your Masters degree, so I sponsored you a scholarship. That's it.” He was genuinely puzzled at her resistance.

“Scholarships are for toppers, and I am not a topper.”

From where did toppers come here?

She was simply trying to manipulate herself more than him. Something was stopping her from accepting his help. Maybe, an instinct was telling her that she is accepting him into her life by accepting his help.

“Your average percentage is 89, which is far better than many others.”

“But I am not the best.” She shrugged.

This one action was enough to conclude that she is someone who thinks of herself as nothing. She has self-doubts.

“You don't need to be. What matters to me is that you saved my life. And I'll do anything and everything for you, doesn't matter if you want it or not.” His tone was a little louder than before. He was declaring that he will help her even if she don't want him to do so.

“Why?” She was mystified.

“You are good person. Isn't it an enough reason?” Because it was an enough reason for him.

“I won't beat around the bushes, I don't trust you.”

“Aaryahi, just imagine. If you take my help, you'll complete your studies. You can get a better job and a bright future. But if you decline it, everything will remain the same. You'll work in that cafe, get pennies on the same of salary and no future at all. See the difference.” The businessman inside him tried to make her understand the whole difference between her “Yes” and “No”.

His words made sense. If she declined his help, she will simply decline her bright future.

She looked at him. Angvir could see that his words changed her mind.

“I should leave then.” Saying so she stood up and walked to the exit.

But before she could disappear from his sight, he voice paused her steps.

“How you got to know that I am Angvir Mehrotra?” He asked out of curiosity. It was hard to resist asking this question.

She looked back and smiled.

“There is something called Google.”

And she left.

Angvir immediately pulled out his phone, which costed one-tenth of a million. He googled his name and immediately his social media accounts appeared on the screen.

He could bet that he is the only guy whose name is Angvir, in the entire world.

So this simply made it easier to know that it's him, as search engine will show only his social media accounts.

At this point Angvir wanted to declare himself as the “Golden Idiot of the Century”. How silly he was to ask her that how she found he is Angvir Mehrotra. Google knows everything, so does the one utilising it.

•••••••••••••••••••••••••

“Bhai.” Ishana entered Angvir's bedroom when he had just returned from the office in the evening.

“Yes, Ishana.” He asked while getting rid of the coat and the torturous tie for the sake of his life.

“Here, take it and return it to her.” And she handed him a scarf {which was too long to be called a scarf}.

Angvir held it from her and scanned it with curiosity. It had faded blood stains.

“Ishana, whose it is?” He looked at the one whose eyes were hidden behind the glasses as always.

Angvir wonders if she even sleeps with the glasses on.

“It probably belongs to that girl Aaryahi. I found it on the side of your hospital bed, maybe the nurse forget to throw the bloodied scarf. And I am glad about that. It's an embroidered scarf and will be precious to anyone who owned it.”

“But if it was precious to her then why she left it?”

“She didn't left it, she needed to do so to save your life, to stop blood oozing out from your injury.”

“That makes sense. So should I return this to her?”

“Of course. I tried to wash off the blood stains, but I couldn't do it properly. But she will be happy to have it back.”

“It's useless now.” He shrugged looking at the permanent stains on the fabric.

“But someone has worked hard on making this beautiful scarf. She will be happy to have it back, I am saying naa.” She whined, as if she will start crying if he didn't return the scarf to that kind girl.

“How are you so sure about that?” He put his one arm on his hip, that typicall Chugalkhor aunty pose.

“Because I am a girl, and that's an enough reason.”

“Alright.” He raised his hands up. He knew he has to do what Ishana was asking for.

Which meant he will be visiting the Queen's Cafe again!

And for some strange reasons he was excited about that.

Maybe because he will get a chance to taste the coffee he arrogantly left last time because of his ego.