•12• Cinderella-ish

“Angvir, you have gulped down total ten shots. So technically you are drunk. And you should not drive in this state.”Aara suggested while they headed out of the party venue.

She had already informed Danish that she is leaving with Angvir.

“Don't worry, I have brought my driver.”He assured her.

“Good.”Because she doesn't want to die in a car accident at such a young age.

“Why am I getting a feeling that you are afraid of my driving, especially tonight?”He raised his eyebrows.

“Firstly, you are drunk. And quite infamous in the media for your car accident, which also happened because you were drunk.”She reasoned.

“No, that accident happened because I was drunk and more importantly depressed.”He clarified.

“Why?”She asked.

“Because that was the night when I had proposed Danish and he refused my proposal.”He said with a sigh.

“Don't you think it's too personal to be shared with a friend?”She was genuinely puzzled as to why he was so comfortably sharing his personal life with her.

“What matters to me is that you'll understand me instead of judging me for my sexuality.”He smiled.

Her heart fluttered.

She was used to think that others think of her as a very boring, dumbo kind of a girl who is socially awkward and has terrible sense of humor.

But he thinks of her as an understanding person. Someone who doesn't judge others.

Is it so obvious?

That she tries to understand people, instead of judging them for their actions. Because yes, she tried to do so. Because that's the right thing to do. To not judge others.

A black car halted in front of them, bringing her back to the reality.

Angvir opened the door of the backseat for her. As she sat inside the car, he helped her with handling the gown and then himself sat inside from the other side.

Aara scoffed. Why he has to walk extra ten steps to the other side when simply she could move to the other side and he could sit in the car? Total waste of energy on the name of etiquettes.

The car drove on the road, under the night sky, with moon stalking their car.

As a kid Aara always wondered why she see moon moving when she is sitting in a moving vehicle. And she got the answer in physics. It's called relative motion. When in reality only one object is in motion, however, the second object also appears to be in motion even when it's in static position.

She used to think physics is the study of machines. Turns out it's a study of natural phenomenon. She was shocked to know that.

“Angvir-”

“Ang.”He interrupted her.

“Huh?”She was clueless.

“From now on it's Ang for you. Like I call you Aara, you also call me by my nickname.”

“Alright.”She shrugged and continued, “So, Ang, are you over with Danish sir?”

She just prayed he doesn't get rude like the previous day at the cafe.

“Yes, hopefully. I have to, I guess. I can't force someone to love me.”He looked outside the car, he wasn't over just yet.

“You are not.”She declared, seeing his move.

“Not entirely. But I will. A girl had proposed me a week ago. Maybe dating her for a while will help me to get over.”

“A girl? But how? I mean you are attracted to men, right? You are a gay.”

Why he will date a girl when he is naturally interested in men?

“Gay? Who told you this?”He asked, quite amused.

“I mean, Danish sir is a gay. And you both were dating. Means you are also a gay.”

It works like that, right?

“Aara, I am a bisexual.”He cleared out the confusion.

“What!? Does it mean...”

“It means there are chances that someday I end up kissing you.”He smirked seeing her widened eyes and wide-open mouth.

“Just kidding, Aara. I am just saying that I am attracted to men and women both.”He smiled.

Aara was still in her trance. He shouldn't have mentioned about kissing her. Now the thought will keep haunting her in her dreams. He kissing her. Ughhh! It feels so... so Cinderella-ish. But Cindrella never happened in real. Which meant the kiss will also never happen in real. But dreaming doesn't hurt, or I say wet dreaming doesn't hurt.

“Aara, why am I getting a feeling that you are already imagining me kissing you?”He again smirked, even though he was serious while asking the question but he didn't want to make her feel embarassed.

“Huh, n-no. No. It just left me quite shocked. I am not used to such flirtatious remarks.”And she will never get used to them.

Just a guy waving Hi to her surprises her.

“Well, I think I made you uncomfortable.” He sighed.

“No, it's okay. But I am hungry.”She tried to divert the topic.

“Oh, no worries. I am taking you to a brand new food place.”He smiled enthusiastically.

And that's how they reached Desi Adda.

•••
Long time, no see.