•09• Humiliated to be called Successful

DOUBLE UPDATE!

The next morning the sun rose earlier than Aara's expectations. As if it was eager for something and was waiting for that something to happen.

Aara got ready in a presentable attire. Usually she would wear simple Kurta with jeans. Well, she was a fan of Indo-Western fashion. But that day she put a little extra effort. And that little extra effort stands for wearing one of her costlier Kurta with colourful mirror embroidery. This was maybe the first time she wore it. She had almost stopped wearing new clothes and applying makeup. She had no reason to do so. Especially, when her mother wasn't there to nag her about not using fairness cream when going out, complaining about Aara's dry skin.

Aara entered the campus and was quite surprised to see a guy glancing at her way.

Alright, it was worth dressing up.

“Hey, Aara!” She heard her friend Samira.

Aara smiled and shook her hand with Samira  as she approached her.

“Do you know, there is a seminar today?”

“No.” Aara lied, because she was not at all interested in narrating the whole Angvir saga to Samira.

“By the way, you dressed up nice today. No boring Kurtas and no messy buns. Anything special?” Samira had a mischievous glint in her eyes.

“No, I hadn't dressed up for a long time. So thought why not today.” Aara smiled.

“Alright.” Samira shrugged.

Both of them walked to the seminar hall. Samira began ranting about a family function and Aara kept listening to her.

They were sitting in the third row at extreme left side and the topic was now drifted to latest songs. Basically Samira was counting the songs she listened while Aara was saying she heard none of them.

The Dean called for Samira.

Well, Samira was the topper of her department as well as her mother used to be a professor at the same college. So she had a good impression on the Dean as well as the other professors.

Apparently Samira was now going to stand on the entrance and present a bouquet to the cheif guest.

It took more than an hour for the chief guest to arrive. That was kind of expected by the students, they knew how much consistent their college faculty was.

Finally the chief guest arrived.

Angvir Mehrotra.

He was warmly welcomed by the Dean. Samira handed him a bouquet of flowers which he immediately handed over to his secretary. As he and the others went to the stage, Samira sprinted back to her seat beside Aara.

“Yaar, he is so handsome.” She gushed about him.

No doubt, he had this effect on all the girls.

“Dear students,” the speaker began “today we have among us a young talent, a successful businessman Mr Angvir Mehrotra. Today he will interact with all of you, and give you all some helpful advices of career building. Now I invite Mr Angvir Mehrotra to share his views with our students.”

Angvir was nervous, even if he was about to speak a crammed speech. He felt humiliated to be called as successful. Because he knew he wasn't successful. It wasn't his success that he was born to a hard working father, just a luck.

Everyone was waiting for him to come ahead and stand on the podium and start his boring speech.

But before it could happen, someone's arrival caught everyone's attention.

Danish.

Professor Danish Sahani. A 35-year-old English Literature Professor. Rumoured to be a gay.

A smile instantly came up to Aara's face when she saw Danish. He was her favourite professor. Apparently, only her favourite professor. No student in the college liked him because of his rude and sarcastic nature. Aara was maybe the only student Danish genuinely praised.

Danish walked up to the stage and shook hands with Angvir and others, and sat down on the only empty chair on the stage that was actually left for him only.

Danish's presence made Angvir feel a little confident and he began with his speech.

“Good morning to everyone...” There was nothing special about Angvir's speech. But yes, he completed it without pausing or stuttering and his tone was confident one. What he could tell others? When he himself has no idea about his career.

And soon enough the boring seminar ended to the students' relief.

“It was so boring, yaar.” Samira was back to her rant.

“Samira, I have to meet Danish sir. I'll meet you in canteen later.”

“I don't understand why and how you and that Hitler get along so well.” Samira complained.

Aara laughed it off and left to meet her favourite professor.

She went to Danish's office, to show him her latest piece of writing. Aara was interested in creative writing since her teenage and she even wrote many articles, essays and short stories. But never dared to show them to anyone. Danish was the first and only person who read her works. And his praises always did magic to her creativity.

She didn't bother to knock on the door. Because Danish sir will never scold his only favourite student over a little indiscipline.

But as she opened the door. She immediately regretted it. She hoped she never entered that room. However, she could not reverse the time. She had to believe what she saw.

Danish and... Angvir?