•23• I Like My English Lecture

The next morning, Aara reached her college in a very sleepy mood. The late-night talk with Angvir left her devoid of any sleep. She had a kit hanging on her shoulder while her other hand was busy stifling her yawns.

“Aara.” She heard Samaira.

Aara turned around to look at Samaira who was standing at the exit of the mathematics department.

“Hi, Samaira.” Aara waved at her while walking toward her.

“You seem quite odd today.” Samaira couldn't find any more polite words to say this.

“You too seem quite off today. Something happened?”  Aara asked, looking at Samaira anyone could say that something was off.

“Turn around and you'll know the reason yourself.” Her statement left her confused.

But the confusion didn't last long as an unfamiliar yet familiar voice called for her.

“Hey, Aara!”

Aara turned around to see Aaryan waving at her. He was smiling and taking quick steps towards her.

Now she understood, Samaira was upset because maybe her longtime crush got a crush on her friend. How cliche!

“Hello, Aaryan.” Her tone was neutral.

“Can we have a cup of coffee together?” He asked straightforwardly.

“No.” That was her straightforward answer, “I can't miss Danish sir's lecture.”

“I don't think he will mind. You are his unofficial daughter after all.” He tried to persuade her.

“But I like my English lecture.” She smiled and walked away.

Aaryan's face fell with disappointment. While Samaira followed Aara.

“You shouldn't have refused? I know you did it because of me. I am sad, but you can date him.” Samaira began blabbering while walking beside her. She didn't want to upset Aara.

“Samaira, I refused because I don't want to lead him on.” Aara shrugged.

“Why? He is popular, handsome, rich and he is interested in you,” Samaira was surprised to hear Aara say that.

“Because last night Angvir asked me for a kiss.”  Aara stopped in her tracks and stood facing Samaira who had her mouth wide open in shock.

Samaira composed herself and asked in a whisper, “So you both kissed?”

“No! But when he said that, I felt happy and... excited,”  Aara smiled, reliving that moment again.

They continued walking.

“So you are dating him?” Samaira asked again.

“I haven't decided on it just yet. It's complicated,” Especially after she got to know about his disrupt mental health.

They entered the class where Danish was already present and about to start his lecture.

As the two girls entered the class, he looked at them waiting for some sort of explanation.

“Professor, we were at the maths department.” Samaira gave a believable excuse, as she was in the maths department for a while.

Danish was looking at Aara. He looked like the father who was annoyed because his kid was ignoring him. And that's exactly what he was feeling.

“I am sorry,” Aara mumbled before taking her seat on the front bench beside Samaira.

🤍🤍🤍

“What's up with you nowadays, Aara?” Danish asked angrily when they were alone in his cabin.

“Danish sir, I am a bit distracted for a while. A lot has happened.” She tried to explain.

“Something is going on between you and Angvir?” He asked with all seriousness.

Aara was hesitating, but she spoke with her eyes lowered, “We... we are getting closer.” 

Danish remained silent for long moments. His silence worried Aara. She looked up to see his reaction but his face gave away nothing.

“We are not exactly dating. He gave clear hints of being interested in me. But he hasn't proposed to me. But if he does propose to me someday, most probably my answer would be a yes.”

“You don't need to explain anything, Aara. He is a nice guy. I'm just surprised to realize that I was sleeping with my goddaughter's future boyfriend.”

And Aara began giggling.

“What's so funny in this? It will be so awkward for us.” Danish argued.

“What can be more awkward than being a gay professor's goddaughter?” And she giggled again.

“Seriously, Aara?” He huffed.

“Sorry, but there's one problem.” She composed herself.

“What problem?” He asked.

“Aaryan Khanna.”

“What about him? Is he bullying you?” Danish asked, getting all serious.

“No, he is showing interest... in me.” She looked away while saying the last two words.

“When God gives, he gives abundantly,” Danish smirked.

“This isn't funny, Danish sir.” Aara made an upset face.

“Oh, don't be upset. I was just joking. What do you expect me to do for you?” He smiled.

“Just be there for me if something goes wrong. Because this whole situation seems too good to be true. My guts are telling me that something will go wrong.”

“I will be there for you, Aara.”

•••

How's the story going on till now?