3 BEYOND HAPPY - JAKE

"Sir I'm a bit nervous 'bout being here today, still not real sure of what I'm going to say"

It must be a heart-whelming view to witness your lover singing some sort of sweet songs in front of your parents, requesting for their approval and blessings for their relationship to last longer.

"So bare with me please if I take up too much of your time"

Strumming the guitar he was holding, looking candidly and sincerely to the adult ones who was also observing back at the boy sitting on the leather couch in front of them. The girl smiled sweetly along with her parents and her two other friends who was standing behind the couch where the family seated. He was beyond sincere with his feelings for the girl and that's the justification why he did that. He wanted to show to her parents how much he loves the girl.

"But you see in this box is a ring for your oldest"

Yes, he brought a ring with him. The small velvet box was laying on the coffee table. It's not an engagement or wedding ring, but it's a promise ring. He promised that he won't do any harm to the girl he loved the most, he promised he will love her no matter what and he promised to marry her in the future. Look how sweet he is.

"She's my everything and all that I know is"

Indeed, she was everything to him and as well as to her too. Having each other was more than enough despite of all the challenges they've encountered throughout the journey of their 2 years relationship. They could've never ask for more as their prayers and wishes was now starting to get fulfilled, how lucky this young individuals could be.

"It would be such a relief if I knew that we were on the same side"

Saying that her parents has was very happy that their daughter found a very respectful and down to earth boy was an understatement. They fully accept him, not because of his wealth and fame, but because of what they've seen on his insides. They knew he was the perfect man for their Princess.

"'cause very soon I'm hoping that I"

It seems like the whole world stopped spinning when he was about to sang the chorus of the song. The people in front of him was smiling widely as they knew how much this young couple loved each other. No words can describe how perfect their relationship is. He glanced to the two girls behind the family before fixing his gaze to the girl he love and the adults.

"Can marry your daughter and make her my wife. I want her to be the only girl that I love for the rest of my life and give her the best of me 'til the day that I die, yeah"

And he was sincere about that. They both knew they're too young for the married life so they promised to face the altar not now, but soon in the future. They want to finish their college first and find a job before entering the married world. Look how responsible they were.

On the other hand, you were just watching him from behind the family, vulnerably suffering the affliction of your already damaged heart. Yes, you were her bestfriend. Her very supportive bestfriend. And you were also his ex-girlfriend back in Brisbane, Australia where you two grew up. You both used to love each other back then but your relationship ended peacefully yet painfully. No third parties, no jealousy, no cheatings, none of you were tired, your relationship with him just needed to come to an end.

You met him in a cafe in which he accidentally spill his coffee on your clothes. He sincerely apologized and of course you forgave him. And that's where it started. But not until you both decided to take the separate ways away from each other, peacefully. You both didn't want to end your relationship but it needed to. It's hard to let go but you need to as that's what your heart screams for as well as his, a FREEDOM and you both took the way painfully with heavy hearts and feelings.

Taking the advantage, you settle in South Korea to have a peace of mind and also to relax yourself away from the pain you earned back in the country where you used to stay since you were born, in short your hometown. And that's when you met these two girls who now became a part of your life. You treated them equally and they did the same to you too as you are a very good bestfriend to them. You love these two dorks much more than how you loved Jaeyun before. They keep on nagging you to tell them about your past relationship so they can help you to move on from your painful past, but you said you want them to respect your personal life and privacy, they're not that hard-headed so they pick the choice to understand your situation and give you the respect you deserve.

You were slowly moving on from the past, but then your bestfriend introduced her boyfriend to you which came out it was Jake. What a coincidence, right? Did God planned this to make you suffer from the miserable life again that you were about to get rid of? Does God doesn't want you to move on yet? Why? What on earth did you do on the past for him to make you suffer the pain that you wanted to get through? Did the heavenly father planned this on purpose?

As much as how you wanted to ran away and choose to not witness the most heartbreaking moment of your life, you couldn't. You were glued in the position where you're at right now. Nobody of the family knows your past relationship with him, so you choose to pay respect of one of the most joyful moment for them even if it means breaking your heart into million pieces. As much as you wanted to cry your pains out, you prefer to give the biggest yet the most impoverished smile. How cruel this world can be?

You should be the one sitting in front of him.

Your parents should be the one sitting on each of your sides, listening to his angelic voice.

Your pinky finger should be the one will wear that promise ring.

You should be the one who he love right now.

You should be one making him feel loved all the time.

But all you can do is to watch him loving someone else and smile the pain you felt and the scar that the past left. As long as he's happy,

then you are BEYOND HAPPY.