26 NEW YEAR! - JAY

You were staying inside your apartment, feeling unhappy since your a thousand miles away from your family. And that probably means, you're going to celebrate your new year all by yourself.

It's only an hour left before the new year.

You were just stargazing in your balcony with a red wine in your hand. How you wished your lover was here standing beside you.

You know he couldn't come home due to their packed and hectic schedule for their upcoming album in the next few weeks. So he stayed in their dorm instead.

It's an hour and a half of driving from their dorm to your apartment. Although he wanted to come and celebrate the new year with you, you know he couldn't. If they'll be given a time until morning, he still can't be with you since driving for an hour to your place is such a tiring thing to him. For now.

Because, you know? Practice, shooting, photoshoot, recording, and whatsoever. Such kind of schedules tires him so he better stay in their dorm instead.

You watched the view of the whole Seoul with city lights, enjoying the lonesome time you have.

Your silent atmosphere was interrupted with a doorbell. Furrowing your eyebrows together, you wondered who could be your visitor since as far as you remember, you didn't invite anyone tonight.

Opening the door, you wided your eyes in surprise.

"Happy new year, y/n." holding up a paper bag full of foods, you opened the door widely to welcome inside.

Closing the door behind you after, you walked towards your living room.

"The hell are you doing here, Yang Haneul? I thought you said you'll celebrate new year with your family." knowing Haneul's such a family oriented girl, you wondered what is she doing here when she supposed to be staying with her family now.

You need answers.

"I didn't got the chance to book a flight back to California since it's already fully booked." she explained, arranging the foods properly on your coffee table. "So, I came here to celebrate with you instead. Didn't you told me you're celebrating alone too? Shouldn't you be happy 'cause I'm here now?" pouting like a little kid, you just snickered at how this girl looked so cute.

"Of course, I am. Who told you that I'm not happy? Come on let's get this new year." you said with a wide smile as you went and sit beside her.

"And wait..." before you could even grab the chips, you were halted midway due to Haneul's words. "I have my two other friends too coming over." checking her wrist watch, she gazed at you with a genuine smile. "They'll be here in a minute so let's prepare the food quickly."

"Got it!" with that, you both rushed towards the kitchen to grab some plates and any other things.

---

A knock was heard on the door causing you two to turn both of your head against the door.

"Can you get it for me, y/n? I have to finish this first." Haneul was busy opening the foods while you were throwing the covers away.

"Okay, I'll get it." you said as you stand up and Haneul behind you just smirked before shaking her head.

Opening the door, you immediately opened it widely in order for them to step in. "Come in guy-oh?" your words were stopped halfway as your eyes stared at the figures in front of you.

It was Haneul's boyfriend and your best friend too; Kim Sunoo.

Surprisingly, beside him was Park Jay.

"Hi, y/n. Happy new year." Sunoo said with a smile.

"Surprise...?" Jay whispered with a smile afterwards.

"SUNSHIIINNEE!" you heard Haneul yelled from behind you as Sunoo walked in heading towards his lovely girlfriend.

"Hey!" Jay said with a laugh as he pulled your body into his embrace.

"I thought you won't come?" you asked since you knew how tired he is from their schedules.

"Who told you I won't come?" he aske you back instead of answering your question.

You pulled him gently inside after breaking the hug before you closed the door.

"But your schedules are hectic these days due to your upcoming promotions...?" you asked as you two walked towards the living room where Sunoo and Haneul are.

"And who also told you that we have a schedule 'til midnight? Our company gives us time for our loved ones too to respect our privacies of course." he said.

"Oh? Really? That doesn't matter now. What's more important is you're here with me to welcome the new year." you said as you both sat down on the couch.

"Hey, what about us?" Sunoo pouted together with Haneul, looking at you and Jay with his puppy eyes.

You and Jay laughed at how this cutie-pie couple be such like babies.

"Of course. Let's welcome the new year together." you said together with a genuine smile before you added. "New year, new chapter."

The least of the time resumed until the countdown and the four of you celebrated the new year, welcoming it as a new chapter to explore in your non-stop journey.

---//---

A/N: HAPPY NEW YEAR EVERYOOOOONNNNEEEE!!!!! keep safe, author-nim loves ya'll<3