9 IN ANOTHER LIFE - JAY

You were suffering a heart disease and of course he knew that. But what he doesn't know is that your disease was cureless and your life's about to come to an end because there's no more other way for you to stay alive in this world. You decided to not tell him as it can only cause him to sink into more painful agonies. You want him to stay happy as he also thought that you can survive the obstacle of your life and of course with his help. But no matter how much tons of monies you spend in the hospital just to save you from your illness, scientists found no more cure for your condition.

You gave up of hoping that you'll still be able to enjoy the life you want to delight in without the illness you suffer anymore. You already accepted the specific truth that you have no more tiny chances left to live in this world, and to be with him. You thought that he deserve someone better than you, he deserve someone who doesn't have the same condition as you, someone who will love him more than how you do and someone who will keep a promise which is to stay with him for eternity.

Maybe in another life you can love him more than how you did and without this burdensome disease.

You want to cherish the few more time left so you requested to go to the rooftop of the hospital with him to admire the beauty of the night sky with stars blinking above. And yes you were here with him. You are wearing a hospital dress with a dextrose in your right hand and the dextrose stand was beside you. You were both sitting on the bench with a comfortable silence in the atmosphere, just allowing the night air brush through your skin.

"What movie do you want to watch?" he softly spoke, facing his laptop on his lap as his fingers were busy working on the keyboard.

You lay your head on his shoulder with a faint smile curved on your lips. "Hmm, how about a Disney movie?" you suggested and he nodded his head in response, waiting for you to choose a Disney movie you want to watch. "Let's watch Tangled" you said and he immediately searched the movie.

Soon you were both enjoying the movie and you were both now in the middle part, but you suddenly felt your heart ached a bit but you stayed calm in order for him not to notice you as he was really focused on the movie. You knew this is the time and you felt guilty for leaving him in this state where he really thought you'd be okay in a few weeks. Your eyes were starting to form tears as your head was still laying on his shoulder.

"Jay?" you called softly and he hummed in response without removing his eyes on the movie" If I fall asleep can you just carry me back to the room instead and don't wake me up?" you requested.

"Sure, just lay your head and let's enjoy the movie together. Tell me if you feel uncomfortable, hmm?" he said and you only nod your head.

Jay on the other hand was peacefully enjoying the movie you choose to watch. His hands were intertwining with yours as he felt your head on his shoulder. He was too focused on the movie that he didn't notice your little whisper or should we say it your last 'I love you', before you fell into unconsciousness. For good.

He felt your hand slowly loose its grip from his manly hand. He smiled, knowing that you fell asleep. If he only knew the truth.