02

AS Su-bin finished cooking, Hee-young exited her room and walked into the kitchen

AS Su-bin finished cooking, Hee-young exited her room and walked into the kitchen. She looked through the fridge which made Su-bin confused.

"Hee-young, your breakfast is here." She said, pointing at the delicious food placed on the table.

"You have it, I'm going on a diet," Hee-young answered, finding a bottle of vitamin water.

"At least have this toast that I made." Su-bin handed the fresh toast to the girl.

Silently, Hee-young took the piece of bread and placed it between her teeth. She walked towards the entrance of the house with her toast, slipping her shoes on. 

As the sound of the door closing resounded through the empty house, Su-bin exhaled a hollow sigh.

She rubbed her temples and took a bite of the pancakes that were freshly made. Slowly, Su-bin packed her small bag with her phone and purse and walked out of the apartment. 

The girl walked around the neighbourhood, the calm wind making her smile in contentment. She made her way towards her nearby seven-eleven store and looked at the list that she had written.

Walking in, she greeted the cashier and made her way to the back of the store, looking at the products. As she hummed to herself, holding some things in her arms, the ringing of the doorbell echoed through her ears.

She heard the person bumping into the aisles, the bottles of drinks clattering against each other. The person sounded like they were in a haste, shuffling around.

Su-bin's right eyebrow rose as she heard the person groan in pain. Looking through the gaps in the shelf, the girl watched the young boy walk to the freezer, holding his stomach. 

His face looked pale, beads of sweat rolling down his face and his hand shook as he tried to open the freezer door. His eyes darted around the store, scared of something.

Or someone.

Hearing the bell ring again, Su-bin listened to footsteps. The steps were in haste, loudly clicking against the tiles and towards where the boy was. 

Quickly, Su-bin glanced at the boy once again and as she took sight of a gun in another man's hand, the girl froze. She watched the masked man, pull the collar of the young boy and mutter something.

Su-bin was never the bold type but, there she was- mustering up the courage to help the boy. She walked over and pressed her army knife against the man's neck.

Her father had always taught her to fight back if necessary and she knew that this was one of those times. The man looked over towards Su-bin and narrowed his eyes at her.

"I won't hesitate," Su-bin muttered, staring at the man.

The man was in all-black attire, a black cap on his head and a mask covering his face. The young boy winced from his wound, blood lacing his fingers as he could barely stand up.

"Move." He muttered.

Su-bin exhaled a soft sigh, "No. Not until you drop your gun."

"Don't make this complicated." The boy managed to say.

The man's piercing eyes sent a shiver down Su-bin's spine. He wasn't scared one bit.

"If you want to die, then be my guest but, I don't want this to be messy." He threatened.

"I would've died either way," Su-bin answered.

She could feel her hands trembling but she tried to stay calm as possible.

The man chuckled and pointed his gun at Su-bin's forehead. The cold metal made her shiver but, she didn't falter.

"Cut me. I know you won't." The man muttered, amusement dancing in his eyes.

Su-bin scoffed and everything went by quickly. The man's finger hooked on the trigger but the girl pushed his arm away, the bullet shooting through a packet of chips.

She stabbed the pocket knife into the man's shoulder blade and pulled the young boy with her. Running out of the store, they hid in an alleyway behind a bin.

Breathily heavily, Su-bin leaned against the wall- her heart pounding in her chest. She glanced at the boy who was severely bleeding.

Gasping, Su-bin tried to help him but the boy pushed her hand away.

"Don't ever do that again."