48

(iii)

(iii)

LOOKING at her phone as she walked into her room, Su-bin wanted to ask Renjun about what he was doing but she was itching to tell her father about her mum. Looking at the message that she knew was from her dad, she started to decipher it as she couldn't do it earlier.

unknown number
Congratulation! You have won a free iPhone!

unknown number
You were chosen from various contestants around Seoul.

unknown number
To claim your prize please call this number: 0x9$IIIxx5$4IIx7$8VII

Su-bin first looked at the letters that were underlined and wrote the word out. (n, e & o)

"Neo... he moved to Neo? Did someone find him?" She mumbled.

The girl then looked at the number and decoded it using the method that her father taught her. She knew it off by heart because Hyeon-U would move often.

"Use the number in front of the dollar sign... then use the roman numeral." She muttered, writing down the numbers.

 0x93xx52x77 was the number. Simply, Su-bin wrote down a message that her dad could immediately understand.

no id
lavish. yes?

 0x93xx52x77
noted. three.

"Three... the third day. Which is next Wednesday." Su-bin said.

She nodded her head in deep thought as she looked through her notes. When she placed her notebook away, another vision appeared.

Su-bin saw a red punching bag in front of Renjun and watched his fist punch the bag relentlessly. Punch after punch, it was limitless.

As the vision faded, the girl hummed in a daze.

"I guess he likes training."

BREATHING heavily from the rapid use of energy, Renjun threw a last punch at the punching bag and then took off his boxing gloves. He gulped down his water and as he closed the bottle, he glanced at the glow of his phone.

He lifted up his phone and looked at the notification displayed on the screen. Renjun brushed his damp hair with his fingers as he read the message.

dolphinlele🐬
how was your side mission?

injun
yeah, it was good.

dolphinlele🐬
i heard that you now have a new mission.
did you end up finding Hyeon-U?

injun
yeah, I have to confront Ace.
I did find Hyeon-U but, I need to check if he's really there.

dolphinlele🐬
okay, we're always here if you need help.

He exhaled a sigh as he sat down on the bench and then took a small device out of his bag. He plugged his earphones in and then listened to what was happening.

"Shit! Without the money, we can't secure our deal with Ace!" A man shouted.

"This is all your fault Hyun-Ki! I told you not to go partying! Why did you want to meet in a fucking club?!" The man shouted.

Renjun smirked hearing the name and pulled out a file from his bag about Hyun-Ki.

KIM HYUN-KI | Age: 45

Occupation: Manager of K.O Hotel

Location: Neo

Investigate him.

- He is suspected to be making a deal with Ace

- Son of the deceased CEO of EMPIRE

"But, who could do this?! I was being careful." Hyun-Ki said.

The older man sighed and silence followed for a while until Renjun could hear footsteps. The man stood in front of Hyun-Ki and then shouted in outrage.

"HOW COULD YOU NOT SEE THIS?!" He shouted, referring to the watch on Hyun-Ki's wrist.

Renjun could hear the clicking of the watch. Hyun-Ki took it off and then looked at the back of the watch. To his surprise, he saw engraved letters that made his uncle even more enraged.

"YOU RAN INTO NCT?! I TOLD YOU THAT THEY COULD BE ANYWHERE! AND WHAT DID YOU DO? YOU WENT STRAIGHT TO THEM!" 

"Well, they are allies with Ace! What did you expect?!" Hyun-Ki explained.

The man paced back and forth, "I told you to be careful! Now they're definitely going to kill us!"

"Uncle, we're bigger than them! Plus, we can just steal their other things." Hyun-Ki said.

"No, what if they send Chenle? Or Haechan? We're dead." The man said, pulling his hair.

"Sir, what about Renjun?" Another man questioned.

"Who's Renjun?" Hyun-Ki questioned.

Renjun amusingly raised an eye-brow, hearing the fear in just their breaths.

"Well, with Mafias there's the deadly three in Seoul and Renjun is the strongest out of all of them." The man said.

The CEO sighed exasperatedly, "He's ruthless when it comes to killing and it's going to be even worse because we're stealing his technology."

Hyun-Ki dismissed their fear and just shook his head. "What about the other two deadly fighters? Am I one?"

His uncle laughed dryly, "You're nowhere near the same level as them. You have Dong-Yul from Siren and Hak-Kun from 8Infinity but, be lucky that Renjun isn't doing well right now. He rarely fights anymore."

"That's true, the worst you can get from him right now is losing your leg and dignity." The other man chimed in.

"So then, how bad would this Chenle and Haechan be?" Hyun-Ki asked, still feeling cocky about himself.

The man chuckled, "Chenle killed your dad and Haechan well, he has one of the best sniper skills in the whole industry."

"It's nice to know you are all aware of me and my team," Renjun said.

we're getting the backstory abt renjun noww 😌✨

also, there was another Autumn reference

&& school started again- so my activity will be slow to non-existent 😃