63

(iv)

(iv)

"WHAT?" Renjun muttered.

"I don't know too much but, apparently when the bond realises that the other half of the person is a danger of some sort... they slowly start removing the two away from each other. Everyone who has experienced this has died, there's only a slim chance of survival." Su-bin explained monotonously.

"There's no person who has survived this?" Renjun asked.

"Yes. One pair did. My parents." Su-bin answered.

Renjun's gaze softened, "Su-bin..."

Tears welled in her eyes, "You know how I knew that? Because my parents wen though the exact same thing."

"So... we can survive?" Renjun asked.

"It depends on us. Do you like me?" Su-bin questioned back.

"Maybe... it's best if we stay like this. We can heal when we need to but just not be together." Renjun muttered.

Su-bin furrowed her eyebrows in puzzlement, "What do you-"

"I could hurt you again." Renjun sighed and then exited the room.

He walked passed Johnny and exited the hospital.

Su-bin walked out of the room and frowned at Renjun's missing presence.

"Did he tell you?" Johnny asked.

"About what?" Su-bin questioned.

"I guess he didn't... Renjun didn't shoot your dad. He also called us to get your dad." Johnny whispered.

Su-bin widened her eyes in surprise, sitting down on a seat.

"Then who did?" She mumbled.

AFTER sitting in the hospital for a few hours, Su-bin's dad was moved to a room. She wanted to stay for the whole night but, her dad weakly insisted that she should get proper rest.

"Please go rest at the hotel. I'm fine- you know I've been wounded before." Hyeon-u said.

"But dad! What if something happens? Also, you're not fully healed." Su-bin said with a pout.

"Ok fine, but at least get some fresh air, okay?" Hyeon-U said.

Su-bin nodded and sighed as she stood up. She walked out of the room but stopped as she looked at a group of men around her dad's room.

"Wow, he's the one who solved the Noir murder cases? Damn, he must be really good." One man said.

"Yeah- he also was the one who shut down the arising black market business." Another man said.

Su-bin looked at the men and then saw Renjun standing with them.

"Renjun?" She called out and the boy froze in his spot.

The two men turned around and saw the girl.

"Oh! You must be Su-bin, I'm Jungwoo. I hope your dad is doing okay. How are you?" Jungwoo greeted, a sweet smile adorning his face.

"I'm doing okay, thank you," Su-bin answered.

"Hi, I'm Taeil. I'm very sorry about what happened." Taeil said.

Su-bin shook her head in a courteous manner- surprised at their soft endearing demeanour. 

"I was shocked to find out you two were soulmates," Taeil said, looking at the two.

Su-bin was also shocked- she thought they all knew about their bond. Making eye contact with the boy, she quickly averted her gaze and cleared her throat.

"I'm going to go for a walk." She mumbled and walked away.

She entered the huge garden of the hospital and walked under the dark blanket of the black sky. Walking on the dark brick path, Su-bin calmed down her erratic heartbeat and exasperatedly sighed.

Admiring the calm atmosphere with the soft sway of the wind, Su-bin felt solace in the tranquil night. With the stars shining bright, the girl smiled to herself.

Stopping at a lake, Su-bin watched the small ripples in the water but she froze hearing a rustle from nearby. She was unsure of who it was but, she then heard footsteps behind her.

Scrunching her hands into fists, Su-bin turned around as soon as she heard their footsteps grow closer. Throwing a punch with her eyes closed, Su-bin heard a grunt of pain.

She opened her eyes and gasped seeing Min-suk. Having no time to say anything, Min-suk tried to punch Su-bin.

Dodging the punch, Su-bin furrowed her eyebrows in confusion and anger. She punched the girl's nose and then paced herself back to the path.

Seeing Min-suk hold her nose, Su-bin kept her guard up. Min-suk grabbed a pocket knife from her pocket and tried to stab Su-bin.

Sharp with her hands, Su-bin held Min-suk's wrists and pushed them up. Min-suk tried to push her knife down and eventually pushed Su-bin down to the ground.

Trying to keep the blade away from her face, Su-bin tried to kick Min-suk but nothing worked. On the verge of the tip of the knife stabbing her neck, a click of a gun resounded through the empty walkway.

"Let go of the knife or I'll fucking kill you." 

oop- can you guess who min-suk is???

also, for anyone who doesn't understand the soulmate bond.

if there's a danger to the person in the bond- the person is removed but within the process, both of the pair die because the way they live is to have their 'other half'. su-bin's mother has someone else who kept her alive because their bond was so strong.

for hyeon-u his bond has been rerouted to someone else because Choyeon has a bond with someone else. it might be a loophole but- oh well.

does this mean that su-bin could have a possible new soulmate? no.

they still like each other nonetheless- and we can see that :)