38

I've been very excited about publishing this chapter :)

(ii)

IT was two o'clock and Su-bin nervously walked around the park. She had agreed to meet Renjun the next day and now she was waiting for his arrival.

Her wrist had started to sting due to their lack of meetings. She played with the stray strands of her and as she stared at the lake with anticipation, she heard an engine rev.

Looking over to the car park area, Su-bin looked at the vehicle that had caused the sound. She saw a motorbike and a person that parked the vehicle.

As the person took off the helmet, Su-bin gasped at seeing Renjun. She immediately walked over to the boy.

Renjun took off his gloves and looked over to find Su-bin. As he searched the place he found the girl with a bright smile on her face.

Her smile made his heart race and as he approached her, he found her cheeks lightly pink. Of course, anyone would blush at the boy, he wore a white t-shirt with a leather jacket and his usual silver piercing adorning his lips.

"Hi!" Su-bin greeted, feeling a little shy.

Renjun couldn't help but smile at the girl's attitude, "Hey."

They walked side by side in silence for a while. Su-bin tried to think about what to say.

"Why did you want to meet up at a park?" Renjun questioned.

"This is where I come when I miss my home," Su-bin said softly, looking down at her feet.

Renjun nodded and as they found a bench, they sat down continuing their conversation.

"About your vision..." Su-bin started nervously.

Shifting in his spot, Renjun sighed, "Don't worry about it. It was just a nightmare."

"Are you sure?" She asked, knowing the boy was lying.

Renjun nodded, "I'm fine."

Su-bin worriedly looked at Renjun and placed her hand on top of his.

"I'm always here if you need to talk." She said gently.

A soft smile made its way to Renjun's face but his mind was in conflict. His heart goes crazy for her but his mind hates it.

The sudden touch also started to heal Su-bin's paining wrist and Renjun's growing headache.

Hesitantly, he turned his hand so Su-bin's hand could intertwine with his and stared at their hands. Su-bin internally screamed at the contact but tried to calm herself down.

As they sat in comfortable silence, Su-bin laid her head on Renjun's shoulder. The boy's shoulders froze at the sudden action but slowly softened his muscles.

"I want to know more about you Renjun," Su-bin said.

Renjun looked away and hesitantly asked, "What do you want to know?"

"Like... what you like! Your favourite music or your hobbies..." Su-bin answered.

Renjun chuckled, "I don't know."

Su-bin lifted her head up and looked at him. "Do you have any hobbies?"

Looking at the girl, Renjun didn't know what to say. He's always been so occupied with his mafia life that he never got to enjoy anything else.

He would constantly research about their rivals or hack into cameras and importantly- help navigate his team in their missions. Su-bin looked at him in shock, her eyes widened in surprise.

"You don't have any hobbies?" She asked, stunned.

"I guess... gaming?" He said, not wanting pity.

"What about drawing?" Su-bin questioned.

"Drawing?" Renjun muttered.

Su-bin nodded, "I've seen you draw in your book. Especially when we did our assignment."

"I don't know... they're just doodles." He said.

"And they're amazing!" Su-bin exclaimed.

Renjun became flustered at her compliment and tried to change the subject. "Uh... what about you? Is your home near here?" 

Su-bin chuckled, "No, it's quite far away."

"Where is it?" Renjun asked, curious about the girl.

"It's the village further than Neo." She answered.

Renjun instantly knew the village she was talking about. It was a village that was in constant poverty.

"I thought you were rich?" Renjun asked.

Su-bin gasped in shock at the realisation and bit her lip in anxiousness, "Well... I guess you know now. I... used to be poor." Emphasizing the word 'used' and trying to allude to the fact that she is rich.

Renjun only nodded and then asked her, "Is that where your father lives also?"

"No," Su-bin said.

She looked around her surroundings and then leaned over to his ear.

"He lives in Euphorea."

guys

guys... brace yourselves bc it's going to go downhill now :)