09

WITH a bright smile on her face, Su-bin skipped towards the spot that she and Hee-young usually hang out

WITH a bright smile on her face, Su-bin skipped towards the spot that she and Hee-young usually hang out. Spotting the girl, Su-bin walked over to the picnic set-up.

Placing down a plastic bag filled with snacks, the girl sat in front of Hee-young.

"Hey." She said.

Hee-young smiled, "Hey, how was the meet-up with your dad?"

Su-bin smiled eye to eye, "It was nice! I missed spending time with him."

"That's good to hear," Hee-young said.

"Was there a reason you wanted to meet me?" Su-bin asked, eating some macarons that the girl bought.

"I just wanted to hang out with you. You're my best friend remember? Not just someone who works in my house." Hee-young answered.

Su-bin nodded and looked around the mat to eat more. Her eyes eventually landed on a sealed lemon pie.

Gasping with surprise, Su-bin immediately opened the packet and cut a slice of lemon pie.

"Do you remember when you cried eating one of those?" Hee-young asked with a hint of amusement.

Su-bin pouted, "Don't remind me! It's embarrassing."

"Here. Have this." Hee-young said, handing a slice of lemon pie to the girl.

The yellow filling of the lemon looked appetising and the fluffy cream that was topped on top made it even more delicious. With the brown crust at the bottom, Su-bin's mouth began to water.

Taking the slice into her hand, Su-bin took a bite from the piece. As soon as the flavours touched her tastebuds, tears built up in her eyes.

As she swallowed the sweet-tangy taste, tears fell down her cheeks. The taste of the lemon pie felt euphoric to her.

"It's so good!" Su-bin cried out.

Hee-young shook her head at the girl, "You're such a weirdo."

⟳