34

(ii)

(ii)

"HELLO? Renjun! It's so good to see you!" Mark exclaimed, waving at the boy.

Renjun widely smiled and waved back, "Yeah! It feels like years since I've seen you!"

A gasp was heard from the phone and a wild Donghyuck appeared on the screen. 

"My Renjunnie! How are you?! I missed you so much!" Donghyuck said in a playful tone.

Renjun scoffed, "It's nice to see you too Donghyuck."

"Renjun?!" Jisung shouted far from the phone.

Jeno and Jaemin also ran toward the phone to get a look at the boy.

"Aww! My poor Renjun, you've gotten skinny. You better eat more!" Jaemin said.

"Yes, mum~" Renjun replied with a laugh.

"Renjun! You idiot, you never called me!" Chenle scolded.

Renjun laughed, "Sorry, I'm very busy at the moment."

"Too busy to see us?" Jeno asked.

"Wait... you didn't get your soulmate, did you? Did you secretly run away from us?" Jaemin jokingly asked.

Renjun halfheartedly laughed at the question and shook his head, his stomach twisting with discomfort.

"I really have been busy. I can't believe I have to do actual things at our shop and there has been someone on me for the past few days." 

"I heard about that. Did you find him?" Mark asked.

"Park Sunghoon. He's a con artist and I'm pretty sure he travels a lot but, I don't know what he's doing chasing us," Renjun answered.

The playful aura became serious as the group around the phone, discussed possible reasons.

"Maybe they don't know you're a mafia member?" Jisung suggested unsurely.

Jaemin agreed. "Yeah, usually when conning someone you just go for someone rich."

Jisung nodded, "Con artists also have pretty good reasons for following someone. When I had to con someone in one of our missions, I met a con artist and they said that they go after people who can be of good use to them."

"He also probably has two or three people with him too," Jaemin said.

Renjun nodded, "I thought that too. Also, I think they all wear this bracelet. I asked Areum from the station if she has ever seen Sunghoon wear the bracelet. She said she has so, they won't be that hard to find."

"B? Really?! Don't tell me..." Min-seok said.

Su-bin widely smiled and clapped her hands, "I'm finally seeing you get your soulmate!"

She sat on the edge of her bed and watched the boy trace the letter on his wrist with disbelief. He sat on Su-bin's swivel chair and sighed a few times.

Min-seok rolled his eyes, "It's going to be Bora, isn't it? That's why my hand has been hurting for fucking days!"

The boy was about to sulk and Su-bin couldn't help but feel proud. "It feels like we were teenagers yesterday. You would complain for hours about not wanting a soulmate."

The boy chuckled, "I'm not going to spare Bora but, she's fucking lucky to have me as her soulmate."

"Whatever, let's go." Su-bin said.

"Where?" Min-seok asked.

"To Bora, duh." The girl answered sassily.

Min-seok widened his eyes, "WHY?!" 

Su-bin rolled her eyes, "So you don't die."

"But we don't know if it's truly Bora! I'm like you Su-bin, I've flirted with many girls so..." Min-seok reasoned, waiting for a smart response from the girl.

"Sooo... it's Bora." Su-bin said, dead serious.

Min-seok groaned, "No it isn't!"

"Then why did you say her name first? Why not Kim Bong-cha from your Business class or Lee Bae from the nightclub?" Su-bin asked.

"I..." Min-seok was speechless, he didn't know what to say.

"Fine, you've won this round... for now." He muttered.

Su-bin grinned and dragged the boy out of her room and apartment.

"WELCOME, Bora and Min-seok to... the soulmate club!" Su-bin cheered.

The four of them- Bora, Min-seok, Su-bin and Renjun were all sitting in a cafe. Renjun only huffed a sigh, he really hated leaving his house once again to do absolutely nothing.

"You know, this would've been cute without Min-seok." Bora said.

Min-seok scoffed and crossed his arms, "You're fucking annoying."

"Su-bin, I wish I could've gotten someone like Renjun," Bora said with a pout.

"Hey! What does that mean?!" Min-seok exclaimed.