46

(iii)

(iii)

"ARE you sure?" Hee-young asked, trying not to pry on her.

Su-bin nodded, "I just... need to process what happened."

Hee-young nodded, "If you need anything just message me."

"Yeah, I'm gonna... go now," Su-bin said with a solemn smile.

The girl started to aimlessly walk around and found herself admiring the baby blue sky, as she walked down a quiet empty street with trees on the left side of the path.

The sound of swaying trees was therapeutic to Su-bin. The cold wind that weaved in the street made the girl shiver but she didn't mind it.

From the simple mix of colours in the sky to the clear puddles in the grass would always amaze her. Su-bin could never stop admiring the beauty of nature.

For a moment, she stood still and closed her eyes. Listening to the night unfolding.

Insects buzzing, the wind turning rough and the cold becoming prevalent. Su-bin couldn't help but smile at the simplicity.

She was never the type to subdue to the classy rich life. Yes, she did suffer but she was content.

Hearing a meow, Su-bin opened her eyes and found a cute, fluffy white cat. Her eyes widened in surprise and before she approached it, she watched in awe at the cat- also slightly sniffling.

The cat had its eyes closed, sitting next to a tree. It looked like it was listening, which made Su-bin stare at it in adoration.

Inching closer by tiptoeing, Su-bin looked at how the cat's ear twitched. Stepping closer, she stopped as she saw the cat open its eyes.

Su-bin froze in her place and watched the cat meow again. It tilted its head and then looked straight at her.

The girl squealed internally. 'IT'S SO CUTE!' she thought, smiling brightly.

Then, the cat walked up to Su-bin and purred as it rubbed its head against her leg. 

"Aw, hello~" Su-bin cooed, patting its head.

She smiled widely as the cat allowed her to pat its head. Sighing, she remembered her mother and pouted.

"He never sent me a message about her..." Su-bin muttered.

As she pondered on the encounter, Su-bin stopped patting the cat as she realised something. She remembered that she had taken a glance at the bracelet that Choyeon was wearing.

Of course, Su-bin couldn't miss it, it was one of the first things she saw when she was handed the card. That's when the girl realised why the word was so familiar to her.

The word 'C.HO3'.

The word was engraved on the silver bracelet that Choyeon wore. Pondering upon it, that's when it clicked in Su-bin's mind.

"She's the leader," Su-bin muttered, her eyes widening in surprise.

Standing up frantically, she looked around the street and then started to walk in the direction of Hee-young's home. Her heart started to beat rapidly as she thought about the name.

"How did I not know?!" She exclaimed, briskly walking.

As she saw the building, she looked at both sides of the road before crossing and as she approached the building- she still couldn't wrap her head around it.

"She's a con artist? She knows Renjun?" Su-bin mumbled.

Pressing the pin code of the apartment, as she entered the abode Su-bin stopped and turned around. She saw the white cat behind her and gasped.

"You can't be here!" She said, picking up the cat.

Placing the female cat outside, Su-bin was about to close the door when the cat came running back in. 

The girl pouted, "Mr and Mrs Song will kill me if they see you here."

The cat whined, meowing at her. Su-bin bit her lip in thought.

Cradling the cat in her arms, she brought her to her room. Closing the door, she let the cat down on her bed and then immediately went to her mini string board.

She took a sticky note and a pen and then started to scribble down some notes. Writing down the woman's name and making an anagram, Su-bin's mouth fell open.

Her hand covered her mouth in shock as she looked at her diagram.

"Of course...it's her name!" Su-bin said.

"The C.H.O are the first three letters of her name and the number three is the number of members! Jake, Sunghoon and Choyeon." Su-bin thought out loud.

"So, she's after Renjun's money but how does she know him?"

Thinking about any possibility, she saw her phone glow up with a notification. She looked at the notification and immediately understood who it was from.

unknown number
Congratulation! You have won a free iPhone!

unknown number
You were chosen from various contestants around Seoul.

unknown number
To claim your prize please call this number: 0x9$IIIxx5$4IIx7$8VII

RENJUN sighed as he sat on his chair. His eyes were furrowed in concern as he thought about the vision he had earlier.

He saw an unknown woman but more importantly, he could hear Su-bin's cries. Renjun did also see another vision of Su-bin petting a cat but, he focused on the girl's sadness.

'Why was she crying?'

'Was it her mum?'

'What happened?'

His mind was all over the place but he shook his head in an attempt to forget about her. As he tried to focus on his mission, there was a knock on the door.

Renjun turned in his chair to see who it was and saw Jaemin walk in.

"Thanks for letting me stay over. Also, don't you want to know why I'm here?"

 Also, don't you want to know why I'm here?"

ooh- can you guys decode the message?