22

(i) 1st lie: I enjoy the way everyone sees me

ONCE Su-bin entered the gaming room, the loud music was cut off as the door was closed behind her. People cheered for her which made her blush out of embarrassment.

"Su-bin! I thought you wouldn't make it!" Bora exclaimed, a bit drunkenly.

"Yeah! Where's your boyfriend?" Someone asked.

Su-bin looked at the few people who were drunk- leaning against the pool table and lying down on the couches and huffed a sigh. 'Tonight's going to be a long night.' she thought.

"Let's raise a toast to Su-bin!" 

Everyone shouted in agreement and then raised their glasses in unison. Su-bin chuckled at their actions and walked over to the pool table.

"Thank you." She said.

"No... thank you Su-bin for coming over! This is my little bro- he was so excited when I said you were coming." Bora said with delight, her left arm slung around her brother.

"Thank you for coming! My name is Yeongcheol." He said.

"So, tell us all about your life!" 

Su-bin hummed jokingly as if she was thinking to say something. Everyone laughed at her indirect joke which also made her giggle.

"Well, what do you want to hear?" She asked.

"I want to know how you treat those stupid commoners." Someone said

Everyone agreed, "Yeah!"

"They always shit-talk about you, I bet you teach them a lesson- don't you?" 

Su-bin nervously laughed, "W-what do you mean?"

A guy clicked his tongue in response, "You know... like Hee-young and Young-ja. You girls go around messing up those commoners' lives when they disrespect you."

"Yeah, like taking their prized possessions."

"Or making their families financially unstable!"

"It's the best thing to happen."

Su-bin frowned at how everyone looked at her. It was a different lens. A lens of torture.

"Well?" Someone asked, waiting for an answer.

Lost in thought, Su-bin hesitantly answered with guilt and anguish looming over her body like a cloud.

"Y-yeah. Of course- I am part of Hee-young's group." She said with weak confidence.

Everyone around her clapped and looked at her with admiration.

RENJUN went to approach the hooded person but stopped as he thought he should've been with Su-bin. He looked over the railing and around the place.

He found a door that was creaked open. 'Maybe she's in there.' He thought and then looked back at his target. However, the person vanished. 

"Fuck." Renjun mumbled and then took his phone out.

He wanted to call Doyoung but he knew that it would only burden him. Groaning, he grabbed his hair in annoyance and thought about any leads.

"So they're definitely following me but, why?" He thought out loud.

Biting on his lip ring again, he tried to piece the puzzle together.

"Unless... they're a part of the case!" Renjun said, his eyes widening.

He looked at the name that was engraved on the bracelet and tried to decipher the word.

"C...H...O...3? Maybe it's an acronym?" He said.

Then he thought back to meeting the officer when he was trying to find Su-bin. He remembered looking at the guy's name tag.

"Sunghoon?" Renjun mumbled under his breath.

He looked at the 'H' in the name and connected the two together. 'He's part of this group thing.' Renjun thought.

Typing the notes he gathered onto his phone, a vision appeared in front of his eyes. He saw a room filled with many people and a pool table.

The people were laughing and Renjun sighed.

"I guess I should go to her." He thought aloud and walked downstairs.

He looked at the door that was opened and entered the room. The blaring sound of the music vanished and as he approached Su-bin, everyone went silent.

Waving at Su-bin, the girl brightly smiled whilst greeting him.

"Everyone wanted to see you," Su-bin whispered to Renjun.

"Wow! He really is handsome."

"Yeah, Su-bin you're so lucky~"

Su-bin nervously laughed at their words as they all admired her soulmate. Renjun awkwardly smiled at the outspoken girls.

"Oh my god! You guys are like the cinderella story but reversed!"

"What?" Su-bin muttered, surprised.

Renjun raised an eyebrow, "How?"

"Well, Su-bin is the prince- she's filthy rich and you're Cinderella. You're poor aren't you?" 

Renjun wryly chuckled- he knew he wasn't but it was a great cover-up but it did anger him. 

"So? Do you enjoy my struggles?" He sharply questioned, his eyes boring into the girl's skull.

His sudden demeanour ran chills down everyone's spines. 

"He's so rude." Someone whispered.

"So what if you're poor? You need to know your place." Young-ja venomously said.

Renjun clenched his jaw as he felt like punching the girl but, he resisted. 'I can't get any charges against me right now.' He thought.

Su-bin scoffed, "Shut up."

"OOHHH!!" Everyone shouted in unison- they were impressed by Su-bin.

"That was so badass!" 

Su-bin internally groaned at how everyone praised her and ran her hand through her hair. Breathing in and out, she tried to calm herself down.

"Okay guys, let's go party!" Bora said- averting the attention.