56

(iii)

(iii)

AS the group walked closer, Renjun raised an eyebrow and then scoffed.

"You show yourselves now? When you betrayed us? Ace?" He said, looking at the leading man of the group.

"We're here to give you your own medicine." The man said.

Smirking Renjun walked up to the man, "Who? Me? You guys are new, aren't you?"

Clenching his jaw, the man revealed the bat he held and as he swung it at Renjun- Renjun held onto the bat.

"What a joke," Renjun muttered, anger rushing through his body.

His sore hand strongly gripped the bat and as he threw a punch at the man, another man tried to hit him. Swiftly ducking the swing, Renjun took out his gun that was tucked in the back of his pants and aimed it at the lead man.

Not accepting his threat, another member wacked Renjun's arm and he immediately shot the man in the head. Hearing the deafening sound of the bullet, the men halted.

Renjun looked at them with a lifeless gaze and then as he looked at the others- they didn't stop. They hit him and Renjun tried his best to fight them off.

As fatigue hugged his muscles, his punches became weaker but he had successfully shot three of the members. Once another hit was thrown at him, Renjun used all his energy- he blocked their next hit and punched them.

Furiously, he punched the man repeatedly which made the others stop. His punches became sloppier and he stopped as all he could see was blood spilled everywhere with bruises scattered everywhere on the man's face.

Standing up, Renjun exasperatedly sighed and as he glanced at his next target- he heard a familiar voice not far away.

"Renjun?!" Su-bin shouted from a few metres away.

She was still in the dark so, she couldn't see clearly. Renjun turned to the four dead bodies and widened his eyes in panic.

He looked at the other members and gulped, "Go if you want to save your lives."

With that, the men dragged their dead members with them away from the girl that approached Renjun. Heaving deep breaths, Renjun held onto his injured arm and walked toward Su-bin.

The two stood underneath a streetlight and Su-bin gasped at the sight. She glanced at all his wounds and looked at him worriedly.

"Are you badly hurt? Are you bleeding at all? What happened? Who were they? Do you know them? I saw a vision of you. Are you okay?" Su-bin bombarded him with questions.

Renjun opened his mouth to answer her but stopped as her hand cupped his face. She looked at his cuts and bruises and pouted.

The girl dragged him to a store not too far away without any hesitation and made him sit down on a bench.

"Stay here." She said and entered the store.

After purchasing a few items, Su-bin quickly sat down and started to aid Renjun. Startled at her concentration, Renjun watched her intently.

A small smile unconsciously appeared on his face as the girl disinfected Renjun's cuts and wounds on his face and arms. Bandaging everything, Su-bin sighed in relief and then looked at Renjun.

Silence sat between them and Su-bin hugged Renjun. She heaved a shaky sigh, fear lurking around her.

Renjun slowly wrapped his arms around her but stopped as he looked at his bandaged hands. He furrowed his eyebrows in anger at himself

"You should go home now." He said, retracting his arms.

Su-bin broke the hug and looked at Renjun with her glossy eyes. "Why?"

"I'm tired," Renjun said.

Looking at the boy, Su-bin knew something was wrong but she didn't want to pry. Pouting, the girl encased Renjun's hand with hers.

"I'm always here," Su-bin said with a small smile.

Renjun glanced at her and pondered on their situation. He shook his head and then pulled his hand away from her.

A small frown appeared on Su-bin, not understanding the boy.

AS if Renjun's actions weren't hurtful enough for Su-bin, the college cafeteria was filled with bubbling gossip about her. From being a brat to a dirt poor girl, the cafeteria was definitely anything but quiet.

"Do you want to end up in a hospital?" Hee-young seethed out at a gossiping girl.

"But- isn't it true? She's been acting like she's so rich when she's nothing."

"Yeah! Does she think she's better than us?"

"YOU BITCH!" Hee-young shouted, throwing a punch but she was stopped.

Bora held onto Hee-young's fist and she shook her head. "You'll only make things worse. Think about Su-bin."

Hee-young sighed and looked at Su-bin. The girl was just sipping on her drinking, not paying any attention to what was happening around her.

"Su-bin? Are you... okay?" Min-seok asked, sitting next to her.

Looking away from her phone, Su-bin looked at Min-seok and gave him a smile. She nodded her head and then went back to scrolling on her phone.

Renjun walked into the cafeteria and as he sat down, next to Su-bin he noticed the whispers. Listening to what everyone saying made him clench his jaw.

Instead of the usual cold gaze that he gives to everyone, his soulless eyes pierced through everyone who looked at him. His eyes radiated 'I'll kill you' vibes.

Su-bin felt the uneasy aura- somehow feeling familiar about it. She looked at Renjun and smiled a little at how he was intimidating everyone.

"You're too cute." She mumbled.

" She mumbled