43

(ii)

(ii)

AS the room fell quiet, the small clattering from outside drowned out. Su-bin's eyes went back and forth between Renjun's eyes and lips.

Renjun wanted to risk it- risk kissing her but he couldn't. He didn't want to be swayed especially before his mission.

However, Su-bin tilted her head and pressed her lips against his. It was only for a few seconds but, Renjun widened his eyes in surprise and before he could react, Su-bin pulled back.

She stepped back, her face red as a tomato and her eyes looking away from the boy. Renjun's body heated up, his cheeks flushed looking at the girl.

Stuttering, Su-bin apologised, "I'm sorry... I didn't mean to..."

Renjun stood up from his seat shaking his head, "No, don't be sorry."

He walked up to her and lifted her chin up to make her look at him. With a small smile, Renjun stared at Su-bin's eyes and sighed.

He kissed the girl's forehead and stepped back.

"There are things I want to tell you that I can't right now but, I want to. So, please wait for me. You might hate me afterwards." He said, pressing his lips into a thin line.

Su-bin looked at him lovingly, "Whatever you tell me, I'll still like you."

Renjun hummed at her response. 'I hope so.' he thought.

"Now, let's get this paint off our faces," Su-bin said with a giggle.

"SO? How did it go?" Hee-young asked, sitting on Su-bin's bed.

Su-bin buried her face into her pillow and screamed into it. Her excitement buzzed around her room as Hee-young looked at Su-bin with a bright smile.

"It was magical Hee! I can't believe I kissed him!" She squealed.

Hee-young lightly laughed, "I can't believe you kissed him first."

Su-bin pouted, "Well... I- I kinda was impatient..."

"Whatever. Next subject please- I don't need be to reminded how single I am right now." Hee-young said.

"Hmm... oh! Bora and I hanging out tonight. Do you want to join?" Su-bin asked.

Hee-young's eyes brightened, "My parents let you off tonight?"

Su-bin nodded her head in response, "I told them I'd do tenfold of work tomorrow for them."

Hee-young groaned, "No Su-bin! I told you to think of yourself as a guest too. You're not just a worker, you're my friend."

"I know, but I am a maid for your parents. You can't deny that." Su-bin said.

She looked at the upset girl and sighed, "Come on! You didn't answer me. Do you want to hang out with me and Bora?"