Dumb Butt {1}

The bass rumbles in my chest as the humid, sweaty air kisses my skin

The bass rumbles in my chest as the humid, sweaty air kisses my skin. Concern for finding my best friend fills me as I bump into moving bodies as I squeeze my way through a packed living room.

Where Ollie is, trouble soon follows. With drinks flowing heavily, I know it won't be long before Ollie is toast.

The heavy mixture of alcohol in the air makes me salivate and crave a beer myself. A drink doesn't sound too bad right now, and I have the time. I better take it easy, though, since the only reason I came was to make sure Ollie's drunk ass gets home safe. I'd rather not be at a dumb high school party and risk seeing them.

After making a quick pitstop in the kitchen and filling a red Solo cup to the brim, I push my way through the masses, looking for a curly, golden-blonde head.

The bitter taste of beer runs over my tongue. I relax a little as it warms my chest. Hell, who knows, maybe I'll get lucky and find Becca here alone. That might be a distraction that I could use.

First though, I need to focus on finding my unhinged friend.

"Zany!" Ollie's familiar voice brings a jovial smile to my face, knowing this party is about to get a hell of a lot better. I whip around, looking for Ollie.

The bouncing cherub curls catch my attention before I'm practically tackled, sloshing my beer. A few people around us jump back to avoid the hops shower, but my attention is on the short angel before me.

The white crop top exposes her tanned exposed stomach, and her jean shorts hug her hips a little too right.

"You took for-fucking-ever!" Ollie's words slur. Her tiny sharp nose wrinkles up in a pout, making me chuckle. Ollie might drive me crazy most days with her antics, but that damn adorable face of hers makes it too easy to forgive her and put up with her shit.

"I had to drive my butt over here from the other side of the city after you woke me up!" In my defense, I was also in my boxers when Ollie drunk called to tell me there was a kick-ass party at one of our mutual friend's house.

"For-ev-er." Ollie slowly drawls out. Her breath tickles my nose, making me jerk my head back. Goddamn. How much has she had?

A concerned scowl etches its way onto my face as I eye her cup. Goal one: make sure that's Ollie's last drink before she ends up passed out in some room with a dude she doesn't know.