Playing With Fire {18}

Distancing isn't helping at all

Distancing isn't helping at all. Over the past month, the heated dreams have become worse. Every morning I'm jerking my frustrations out in the shower. I've started focusing more on getting Becca back to help 'cleanse' my mind, but it's not helping. Even as Becca rambles on about how Creed's not paying attention to her and she feels like she's talking to a wall when she's with him, I find my thoughts drifting to Ollie.

I should make up for not taking her on the Ferris wheel. I could take her down to Blair Port to the pier. They have one, plus games and other rides she'll love.

"I'm thinking of breaking up with him." Becca slams her locker closed, pulling me from my thoughts.

"What?" I push off the pea-green locker I'm leaning against.

Becca sighs and shoulders her backpack. "I know, it's a crazy thought."

I'm not exactly sure what the thought is. I was more focused on the thought of Ollie's smile when I finally get her the Ferris wheel ride she was hoping for a month and a half ago, but I nod in agreement.

"I'm just sick of it, you know. I think it's time to call it quits with Creed." Becca's grey eyes turn up to me. She watches me for a moment waiting for my reaction, but I'm not even sure how to process the information. It's been something I've been waiting to hear for a year now, yet I'm not getting the same thrill or relief that I thought I would. "Nothing to say?"

I shrug. "I'm not sure what you want me to say, Becca. You're telling me that you're thinking of breaking it off with the guy you left me for." My attention drifts down the hall toward our first class and narrows on a certain blonde punk leaning closer to a curly-headed Goldilocks trapped between him and the wall.

That little shit.

I storm up to Dameon and grab his shoulder before jerking him back. His sneakers screech against the laminate flooring as his light-green eyes flare wide in shock? When his gaze turns up to me, his look quickly shifts to a devilish grin. "Cuz! Fancy meeting you here."

"This is my first period," I point out. "Which you know. What the hell are you doing here?" My attention quickly shifts to Ollie, who's watching us with an entertained smile on her face.