Just A Pup {2}

I barrel through people as a swarm heads out to see what idiot is planning on jumping

I barrel through people as a swarm heads out to see what idiot is planning on jumping. I know what idiot it is; mine.

Several people cuss at me as I shove them out of the way and stumble out the back door, but I don't have the time to be nice. My heart is beating in my throat as my attention darts up to the roof. As expected, Ollie is on the roof, leaning over the edge.

Oh, God.

I quickly figure out her plan with the way she's eyeing the narrow patio space between the house and the outdoor pool. The fucking psycho is going to dive off the goddamn roof!

Others around me start chanting, "jump, jump, jump."

Don't fucking egg her on!

"Ollie, stop!" I shout, but the roaring chants muffle it out. I barge my way closer, still calling out to her.

Ollie steps back up the roof for what I can tell is a running start. My stomach churns. I'm not sure she could make the jump sober, much less drunk off her ass. A lump grows in my throat as I holler. "Ollie don't!"

Just as I crest the front of the crowd, Ollie takes off running across the roof. I can hear the scratch of her sneakers pounding across the shingles. Each step is in slow motion as I watch on in horror. I'm completely frozen as a dark bleak claw slowly encases my heart and squeezes. All the breath in my lungs escapes when she balls up into a cannonball.

She's not going to make it. There's no way. It's too far!

When she shockingly hits the water, my knees buckle from the relief.

I'm going to fucking kill her. She's fucking lucking. She barely missed the edge of the pool and made it into the deep end.

Once my legs no longer feel like jello, I storm over to the edge of the pool. Ollie breaks the surface of the water, sputtering, and pushing her hair out of her face.

She stops treading water long enough to throw her hand up and holler out a cheer before dipping below the surface again. Rolling my eyes, I grab her hand to pull her up before she drowns. A giant goofy grin is plastered on her face when she looks up at me. With ease, I jerk her out of the water and get her on the cement.